Email dictionary
paulgove

What is with the spell check in verizon email. It tells me that even my name is misspelled as are most names marked. Common words are displayed as misspelled. What dictionary does this system use? Can I add words to the dictionary?

0 Likes
Re: Email dictionary
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry but there is no way to add entries to the spelling dictionary.

0 Likes
hbmom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have found the email spell check to be pretty much useless. It tells me my name is misspelled as well and most common names.  Often says words are misspelled when they aren't or if they are, offers suggestions that aren't even close to the misspelled word.  I usually have to cut and paste my emails into a word document, do a "real" spell check then go back and revise my email if necessary. I never had this problem with my EarthLink email and it allowed me to add words.  Does Verizon have any plans to fix this?  Ironically the spell check here fixed words I know my email spell check would not have, so clearly Verizon has the ability.

Magra1

Verizon should be embarrassed by their 'dictionary' and spell check.  I have always thought of Verizon as a front runner

in computer services but after using their email services, I have changed my view.  If I was not bond

by a 2 year contract with FIOS I would certainly change services

As others have posted, the simplest words are highlighted as errors -- certainly cannot rely on spell check or dictionary

to double check an important email's content. 

Frustrated, YES!  The salt in the wound is that Verizon states in one of the blogs that there is no additions or

corrections in there useless spell check and dictionary.

0 Likes
ItsRenee1
The bizarre thing is if I mistype a word intentionally, Verizon will auto correct it. But then when I hit send, it flags the auto correct as an error. For instance, it always flags "organization." So instead, I typed "organisation" which it auto corrected to "organization." But when I hit send, it marks the correct word in yellow!! I don't understand how you can't add to the dictionary. Crazy.
0 Likes