Email iPhone settings
HisBullship
Recd. Verizon's notice to change server settings. PC changed easily and is working well. iPhone (4S AT&T) "outgoing" OK but "incoming" when changed from incoming.verizon.net to pop.verizon.net will not download any emails. Any ideas why?
0 Likes
Re: Email iPhone settings
hywyer

Same problem here. Worked on my Iphone 4 but not on my Ipad. No incoming mail. No answers yet.

0 Likes
IzzyB2
I have the same problem on the iPhone and iPad. Anyone know how to fix?
0 Likes
dc22173

I tried changing my settings and I was getting the same error as everyone else on my iphone4s. What finally worked was when I turned off my Wifi connection and made the changes using the cellular connection. Not sure why it made a difference but it worked. 

My ipad2 does not have cellular but after setting up my iphone 4s it also worked on the ipad. 

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

EMAIL SETTINGS AS OF 6 8 2013

VERIZON  Mail server settings On DELL 6500 Latitude  iPad 2 Wi-Fi    32 Gb and iPhone 5

Outlook: Tools-- Account Settings-- Mail –Change-- More Settings-- Advanced

EMAIL ACCOUNTS

incomoing.verizon.net     POP/SMTP(Default)

Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.verizon.net  my iPad ,i Phone also set up this way

Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995   ALSO USED WITH MY Ipad,iPhone

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net    my iPad,iPhone  also set up this way

Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465    ALSO USED WITH MY Ipad,iPhone

PROVIDES GREATER PROTECTION FROM SPAM AND VIRUSES.

Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked.

What is SMTP?

What is SMTP? Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) is an Internet communication standard that lets email messages be sent to recipients with a high degree of reliability.

What is POP3?

Post Office Protocol (POP3) is an Internet communication standard that lets email messages be received and stored for you in your mailbox.
ALSO THIS INFO MIGHT HELP

email setup in iPhone after changing to secure settings

05-24-2013 10:45 PM

Normally the outbound SMTP server has to be provided by the email provider, other wise if your email domain name is not part of the domain that the SMTP server recognizes as its own, it will not accept your mail for delivery.

You have to use your account to authenticate to the outbound SMTP server before it will accept your email for delivery. They do that to avoid spamers using their servers to send spam.

For example:

For my verizon.net account, I use smtp.verizon.net (port 465 with SSL on and password authentication).

For my gmail account, I use smtp.gmail.com (port 465 with SSL on and password authentication).

And for my live.com account I use smtp.live.com (port 25 with SSL on and password authentication).

They all work just fine.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

TomH309          iPhone 5 Settings for gmail     As of 5/28/2013

Email                *****@gmail.com

Outgoing Mail Server    smtp.gmail.com

Incoming Mail Server

SSL  ON

Authentication  Password

Server Port 993

S/MIME   OFF

THIS ALSO MIGHT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION

Ipad email VZ Server Settings REVISED 5-4 2013 iPAD

SUGGEST YOU DELETE OLD VERIZON ACCT EMAILS THAT YOU REALLY DON’T WANT TO KEEP AT THE VERIZON SERVER.

DEACTIVATE OLD VERIZON ACCOUNT ON THE iPAD

ACTIVATE A NEW NAME VERIZON ACCOUNT  ON YOUR iPAD WITH ABOVE NEW PORTS THAT VZ IS REQUIRING .

ANY EMAILS THAT ARE LEFT ON THE VZ SERVER WILL BE DOWNLOADED TO THE NEW VZ ACCOUNT ON THE Ipad

I FOUND THIS WAY TO DELETE OLD EMAILS WORKS PERFECTLY A GREAT CONTRIBUTION BY A FELLOW VZ FORUM MEMBER

Re: How delete over 20,000 old emails messages easily?

To delete all of your messages from your inbox, go to the settings tab, and then go down to "Number of messages per page" and set it to "No limit". Hit "Save" at the top and then hit OK when it asks you to refresh your browser. Then in your inbox, check the box that is to the left of "Sender" and hit delete. It will take a long time if you have that many messages, but it'll get done. Cheers!

INFO ON iPhone 5   AS of 7/14/2013

iOS 6.1.4

Accounts

Gmail---Mail,Calendars,Notes

Verizon—Mail

Fetch New Data----PUSH—ON

Default Acct --Gmail

POp Acct Info

Name ***

Email ****@verizon.net

Incoming Mail Server

Host Name—pop.verizon.net