Email not deleting from Verizon once downloaded to Microsoft Windows Mail Vista
keckie658

Until yesterday when I updated my Windows Mail to the new portal numbers, when the email came into my home account (Windows Mail) it was then deleted from the Verizon server.  How do I get that setting back.  I just downloaded the same emails 3 times because they are still there. I don't want to see them at the Verizon website.  Once I have them at home they can delete from there like they did until last  night.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Email not deleting from Verizon once downloaded to Microsoft Windows Mail Vista
greatoz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this happen to me a couple of times.  The first time I called Verizon and the outsourced lady on the phone had me go through a few things on my end but these did not solve the problem.  I found that the solution is grin and bear it for a day or so and it will go away on its own, once Verizon fixes whatever is going on at their end.

0 Likes
Re: Email not deleting from Verizon once downloaded to Microsoft Windows Mail Vista
greatoz
Enthusiast - Level 2

but just to be sure, if you go to Tools>Accounts>Properties>Advanced (or the equivalent on your email program) make sure that "Leave a copy on the server" is not checked.  That is the correct setting on Outlook Express anyway.   But that did not solve the problem I described above.  It is something that just had to get better by itself.  Takes a day or so I have found.