Email (outgoing) on wireless phone - blocked sometimes.
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

There is an issue with outgoing email sent from my cell phone. It is recurring and intermittent.

It happened today again. Says mail was not sent.  I see an envelope up top left with exclamation point.

Then in about 20 - 30 min. it works fine.  This has happened since i have had the phone.

I have contacted verizon wireless and they couldnt fix it.  The latest rep told me to contact Verizon because Verizon owns verizon mail so that is what i will do.  need this resolved.  It's a PIA.  Who can help me?  Use a HTC ONE M8.

the verizon mail works fine on my pc.  Itz just that phone sends that are an issue a few times per month for a 30 min period or so.  Where do i go for help???  Wireless cant help.

0 Likes
Re: Email (outgoing) on wireless phone - blocked sometimes.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nothing unusual with email not being to go out temporarily.  Particularly if you are not on a wifi network.  Always possible that a server is down.

Do make sure you are using the latest eMail settings (pop.verizon.net).  They are about to completely shutdown the old servers (smtp.verizon.net)

See http://verizon.com/emailsettings

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

And PS this is peer to peer and not a way to contact Verizon.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

I was on wifi at home.  It does that every once in a while. Not sure why. I was not on the mobile network.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon still reads these and I also called verizon wireless and verizon FIOS so they know.  Told them I am tired of the issues of sending email from phone not working.  It is temporary ,but a nuisance.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The board monitors for Verizon read these. NOT SUPPORT PEOPLE.  These are meant to be peer to peer forums.  They may report trends to other Verizon people and sometimes help escalate problems to the right support people IF a problem has been reported but not properly resolved.

You want support from Verizon, use one of the other CONTACT US options they have on every page.  You want help from your peers, then use the forums.

0 Likes