Email setting
deewelsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have read tons of the messages on this board but my emails are still not working on my Galaxy S5.  I've changed the income settings but I keep getting an error message that says Unable to setup account - Unable to connect to server (-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed) when I hit "NEXT" on the setup screen.  I can't even get to the Outgoing settings until I fix the incoming settings. 

Email Address: _____@verizon.net

Username:  XXXXXXX

Password: XXXXXXX

POP3 server:  pop.verizon.net

Security type:  SSL

Port:  995

I called verizon and the person was rude and said it was Samsung.  Now what???  Any help would be greatly appreicated!  I did download the My FIOS app so now I can see incoming emails but this app does not let me send emails out.  They are just sitting in my outbox.  UGH!!  I am trying everything everyone suggested but I am frustrated now. 

0 Likes
Re: Email setting
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Shouldn't have to but try the option SSL (accept all certificates).

0 Likes
deewelsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did try that too, but to no avail.  Thanks for trying...

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't, by chance, use the Yahoo/Verizon interface?

0 Likes
deewelsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

No.  I am trying to use the email app that cam on the phone and I had been using with NO issues until yesterday when I updated the email settings, as requested, by Verizon on my home computer. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Working correctly on Home Computer with those settings?

A Verizon Galaxy S5 or some other provider?  Mine Is a Verizon Galaxy S5 and works fine.  Worked on Kitkat and now Lollipop.

What area of the country?  Trying over WiFi to a home network, or over phone network (note you could try the phone network by temporily disabling wifi).

0 Likes
deewelsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

My home computer is working fine.  I signed on my email last night and it made me pick a picture and security phrase.  I think the security phrase is the issue with the phone email sign on.  I've tried both over WIFI and using the phone network.  I am a verizon customer so it is a Verizon Galaxy S5 (bought on line through Verizonwireless.com)

I'm just at a loss....

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Other than suggesting you go over everything looking for mistakes, and the suggestion of trying over the phone network, I am out of ideas.   I know IPhones had to reboot, but never had that problem with my Galaxy, if you haven't tried that its worth a shot.  As said mine works fine.  Considering how these things work, if it works from a PC with such settings it  should work fine from a phone with the same settings. 

Remember this is peer to peer.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note I see this other thread.  Not sure how accurate the statement is that they are having problems with some addresses in the backend.  http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Verizon-email-on-Android-phone/td-p/786689

0 Likes