Email settings DO NOT WORK WITH iOS Devices
Bruce-Andrew
Vz keeps sending these "important" instructions for email port settings, BUT they do not work with iOS devices--iPhones and iPads. Last go around with this I spent over 16 hours trying to reconcile until an Apple Expert discovered "special" instructions for iOS device settings. Get with the program, Verizon.
0 Likes
Re: Email settings DO NOT WORK WITH iOS Devices
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

So what are the special instructions?

Bruce-Andrew
Let iOS choose the port and other settings. It works, but who knows what will happen when Vz says they will no longer support those settings. No one at Vz knows!
0 Likes
cleosid

I have Entoiurage e- mail via my verizon.net address on my iMac and I too get these notices. I  have spent hour tonight trying to make the changes you suugest, namely changing " incoming" and "outgoing" to "pop" and "smtp" and changing the pop port number and it does not work. Please help me and connect me tosomeone who can solve this. The detailed instructions do not do the job..

0 Likes
Surly_Girly

I changed the settings on my iOS per Verizon's email last night, and it didn't work.  So I changed the settings back again (incoming.verizon.net and outgoing,verizon.net).  Incoming works fine, but outgoing is now "inactive."  So frustrated!  Anyone able to help? TIA.

0 Likes
cleosid

Last night I finally was able to send and receive mail. THree messages that wdre stuck in mu OUTBOX finally were sent during the night. Today I cannot send or recive and there is no one to talk to at Verizon.

0 Likes