Email space
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

So i need to free up email space.

So if i put emails into folders , does that free up space? or do i need to delete the email entirely from the verizon.net server?  or download to another email app or MS Outlook.  Do the folders save space or no?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email space
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

So saving them to the folders on the side does not open space, correct? That was my question.

Correct, even if stored in folders it is still technically stored on the Verizon server, hence why it would still tell you that your email space is full. The only way to remove these messages from taking up space is to save them offline.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello!

You would need an email program to save the emails off-line to your own device, rather than having them stored on the Verizon server. I personally reccomend thunderbird email client.

Saving your email offline to this program is pretty simple. You can see in the screenshot below that there is an option that says "Local Folders". Right click, create a new folder here, then select and drag your emails to it. This would save the email on your local PC, instead of the Verizon server, therefor freeing up more space.

Of course, you don't have to use thunderbird, as many email clients support this, and a quick google search of the client you use should show you how to save your emails offline.

Doing this method however, means the emails are stored on the local machine, and would no longer be accessable from the webmail site.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the information.

So saving them to the folders on the side does not open space, correct? That was my question.

I will have Microsoft Outlook soon and will download there.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Also, you can download to another client, but still leave the emails on the Verizon server for backup. But you would need to delete them there eventually.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct, even if stored in folders it is still technically stored on the Verizon server, hence why it would still tell you that your email space is full. The only way to remove these messages from taking up space is to save them offline.

Best of luck!

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Well, download to another client or delete them on verizon site.  So 2 ways.to remove, but 1 way if you want to keep them. Yep. Thanks.

0 Likes