Email spontaneously closes while I am composing...
beachfrk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does this happen to anyone else?   Every week, sometimes daily, I will be composing a Verizon email and the Internet connection slowly closes - the screen roles down - and any other programs I have open close too.  Before a suggestion is made that this is a problem with my computer, let me add it only happens when I am on the Verizon site.    I have gmail, hotmail, and office email and I keep the NY Times site open all day.  This 'shut down' does not happen from one end of the year to the other on any of these sites - never.  It only happens if I go to the Verizon site. What can be causing this? 

Thanks,  Ann Marie 

0 Likes
Re: Email spontaneously closes while I am composing...
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

That is very odd to have a website close other programs down on your computer. I have never heard of this happening before. There is something unique with the combination of this computer with it's related programs and the Verizon website. Does this happen with any of the other computers in your house?

Hubrisnxs
Legend

If it's closing down your internet explorer window while composing, then you probably have a bad add on that does not play well with the website.  

Try running internet explorer without add ons and see if it does the same thing

beachfrk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response, Anthony.  The only other devices I have are an iPod and an iPad and I do not use them in the same way.  I use them to check messages, bank balances, etc. but rarely send anything.  No it has not happened on these devices.   AM  

0 Likes
beachfrk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for this suggestion.  I have disabled add-ons in Internt Explorer and will keep you informed.  If the same thing does not happen, this is the solution.  I'll wait a day and post again.