Email sub-account password
TedB2

I'm trying to set up an email sub-account (verizon.net). No matter what new password I put in it says the password is not available. I have tried about 20 unique passwords with unusual character combinations. I find the whole screen and process unusually frustrating. More so than almost any online setup process I have use in the last 25 years. Even this process of getting help is exceptionally time consuming. Forcing one into canned questions rather than a two way dialog with a technician, for a large corporation like Verizon this is poor service.

0 Likes
Re: Email sub-account password
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Re: Email sub-account password
jacker4

I ran into same problem (password is not available). Contacted live chat, where the tech was super nice. He wanted access to my computer, but this was not necessary. He pointed me to the link

www22.verizon.net/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/service.aspx?ihaweb=emailAddAdditionalAccount

This link opened a different page than I was using at the bottom of MyAccounts page. This page worked much better, but I discovered another hidden issue that probably caused my problem. The instructions for passwords say you need 6 characters, one number, one letter, but my password contained an underscore, which apparently is not allowed. I suspect this character was causing my previous error, but the error message was too cryptic to understand.

Of course, when I left out the underscore, the page told me my password was not strong enough. It was much stronger with non-characters. Your system needs to accommodate non-characters in passwords for stronger passwords. This may break a lot of your code, but the problem with account hacking is only getting worse and more protection is needed.

0 Likes