Email through outlook not working
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

I have had my email setup through outlook 2007 for a long time and while I have had issue here and there it hasn't gone on this long, nearly 24 hours. I have changed my password and deleted and created a new account in outlook in an attempted to fix it but it has not fixed it. Could use some help.

BTW I am on the old yahoo.verizon server and have been for 10 years so I am using the correct incoming and outgoing mail servers

error

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.  The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] (#AUTH003) Incorrect username or password.

outlook settings

Account type: pop3

Incoming server: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net port 995

Outgoing server: outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net port 465

"this server requires an encrypted connection" is checked

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email through outlook not working
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

ok here is what I have changed to get it somewhat working

I added the @verizon.net to logon information user name in my account setting of outlook. That seemed to help with the error of wrong user name/password.

for outbound emails under more settings/advance I had to set "use the following type of encrypted connection " to SSL

both of these I did not have to do before the issue started.

Also it seems like there is an issue with yahoo servers because even test emails that I sent early this morning from another account are either not there or are coming in hours later. I am checking this on the yahoo site.

View solution in original post

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Tom but my account is through yahoo servers so it is a little different

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

This might also be for you

http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Internet/fiosinternet.htm

GO TO E MAIL SETTINGS

0 Likes
pcb1

I am having a similar problem.  I can send mail but not receive it.  This happened for a few hours weeks ago but now has been out for almost 24 hours.  It appears to be associated with the "pop".  I can go directly to Verizon for my mail but I have no idea how to fix this.  My id and password obviously work for sending and online.  Very frustrated.

0 Likes
telepro21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Email has been out for us since 10 AM yesterday (Oct 7). Also using the Verizon Yahoo Email servers.

0 Likes
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

ok here is what I have changed to get it somewhat working

I added the @verizon.net to logon information user name in my account setting of outlook. That seemed to help with the error of wrong user name/password.

for outbound emails under more settings/advance I had to set "use the following type of encrypted connection " to SSL

both of these I did not have to do before the issue started.

Also it seems like there is an issue with yahoo servers because even test emails that I sent early this morning from another account are either not there or are coming in hours later. I am checking this on the yahoo site.

tracky

Same exact problem here. Problem started Oct 7 2014 about 8pm. Tryed 2 different laptops and both can not log in to the yahoo verizon email system.

This happened last week also and lasted 2 days.

0 Likes
KVogel2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have had problems receiving POP3 e-mail to outlook from my verizon.yahoo mail.  It also started the evening of 10/7/14 with repeated pop-ups asking me to enter my user name and password.  As with everybody else here,I know my data are correct since they've been in place for years.  Also, I can access my e-mail through the on-line interface verizon yahoo provides but I like to have all my mail from all my accounts come to one place (and, all the others are working just fine coming in to outlook).

This is certainly NOT the first time this has happened with Verizon Yahoo.  I can't help but believe that they know about it and just don't bother to notify us.  It's very aggravating and shows a singular disdain for their customers that they continue to let it happen and neither do anything to fix it nor inform their customer base that there is a POP3 e-mail problem that will take "X amount" of time to fix.

0 Likes
Verizon Yahoo email will not work in Outlook or on Smart Phone
metoc

Has any of the Verizon Yahoo email settings changed?  My wife and I cannot log into our email accounts on smart phones or Outook 2013.  We have not changed passwords, and can still access email via web.  It has to be something in the settings that has changed.  The existing settings are:

incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

pop: 995

smtp: 465

smtp requires authentication (use same settings as incoming mail server)

SSL encryption required.

These settings have worked for years.  Something has changed.   

0 Likes