Email trouble with Yahoo.Verizon on Outlook 2011 & iMail
lablue67

Hi.  I have a problem Verizon hasn't been able to solve: Bought MacBook Pro laptop in December.  Loaded Outlook 2011 for use with yahoo.verizon home FIOS service.  Now, this is the third time I've had this problem - can't send or receive email.  One time just started working again, other time they had be change port settings, now nothing's working.  Not getting email on Mac or iPhone.  Can't even set up an iMail account.  Error says incorrect user id & password or other times. I know they are correct because I can get on web mail.  Apple people checked out iMail application and it's working.  Outlook people couldn't solve problem.  Apple couldn't even get it up and running on my iPhone again.  Verizon says it doesn't support Outlook 2011 yet, but they couldn't even get iMail working.  Verizon told me to contact Expert Care for an extra charge.  This has to be issue with Verizon server/port settings.  Any suggestions or help would be most appreciated!  Certainly I'm not the only person out there with Verizon FIOS, a new Mac and the newest versions of Outlook and iMail!  Please help if you can.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Email trouble with Yahoo.Verizon on Outlook 2011 & iMail
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

It's an issue that happens occasionally with the Verizon/Yahoo accounts, and has nothing to do with your software/hardware.

If you have your username without the @verizon.net, try adding it. If you do have it already, try taking it off.

0 Likes
lablue67

Still didn't work.  Have tried everything.  Thanks, anyway.

0 Likes
Mimitech

Have you found a fix for Outlook 11 for Mac. I am using yahoo.verizon.net, and get error messages all the time now. It is driving me crazy. I can get webmail just fine.

0 Likes