Emails on iPhone-delete from sever?
Eddieg1
With the default iPhone email client I have my account set up and under settings I chose "delete from server when removed from inbox". Well, not only does this NOT delete from the server, but when I delete from my iPhone and download emails, the ones I deleted download AGAIN. Yahoo emails delete from the server just fine.

When I had Comcast the same thing happened and I used their iPhone app that did delete emails from the server.

So, is there a way to delete emails from the server when using my iPhone? Are there any plans for an email app from Verizon for the iPhone?
0 Likes
Re: Emails on iPhone-delete from sever?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@eddieg wrote:
With the default iPhone email client I have my account set up and under settings I chose "delete from server when removed from inbox". Well, not only does this NOT delete from the server, but when I delete from my iPhone and download emails, the ones I deleted download AGAIN. Yahoo emails delete from the server just fine.

When I had Comcast the same thing happened and I used their iPhone app that did delete emails from the server.

So, is there a way to delete emails from the server when using my iPhone? Are there any plans for an email app from Verizon for the iPhone?

This probably means that the communication from your iPhone back to the Verizon server when you delete a message is being interrupted. I'm not familiar with the iPhone, so I'm afraid I don't know what to do to resolve.

0 Likes
Re: Emails on iPhone-delete from sever?
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Eddieg

I understand what you are saying, as I have the same problem.  Some times it works, other times it does not.  I don't understand why its not consistent.  

You have to keep in mind that Verizon uses POP for email and thus its not as seemless as IMAP mail.

I have moved many of my email from VZ to GMAIL since GMAIL is IMAP and thus when I delete from gmail, it deletes from IPHONE at same time and when I delete from IPHONE it deletes from gmail right away.

Jim

0 Likes