Exporting contacts
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Is there any way to export contacts out of verizon email and into MS Outlook??  Should be an easy way, right?  can i at least print out a list of them?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Exporting contacts
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

ok, no problem. I am just going to pick out the most important contacts and transfer to MS Outlook manually.  thanks for the suggestions though.  Sad that Verizon mail doesnt have ability to export contacts to a csv or something.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here is a little reading homework.

Let us know if it works for you.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6560454_import-address-book-verizon-email.html

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

homework..yuck.

Thanks, but looks like that doesnt apply though.

Firstly , it is CONTACTS, not address book. I cant find an address book.  Secondly, there are 2 options:  Print Contacts and Import Contacts.  I want to EXPORT contacts. No option for it.  

Have you actually gone in and looked at the current screens?  Let me know if you can do it.

There's an assignment if you choose to accept it.

If anyone has a solution for this, please let me know.

There are lots of IMPORT options, but no EXPORT options. Not sure why.  This is no good for me.

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this what you wan to do ?

Transfer Email Contacts Using the TrueSwitch Tool
Go to the Esaya TrueSwitch secure transfer Web page.

Put a check mark in the box next to the “Terms of Service” acknowledgment statement. Click “Begin.”

Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer your email contacts from one account to another. Among others, TrueSwitch supports migrating email contacts from and into Yahoo mail, Windows Live, Hotmail, AOL/AIM, Verizon, Comcast, ATT, Cablevision, Charter, Cox, CompuServe, Earthlink, Time Warner, GMX, Juno, and PeoplePC.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Goal is to export contacts out of Verizon webmail and into Microsoft Outlook 2016.  Cant do it automatically apparently.

OK, so i looked up TrueSwitch and found information on a Microsoft page that it has been shut down.

what is the address of the website anyway?  Is it still active? When did you use it?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have no personal experience ...never needed to do what you are trying to do.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

ok, no problem. I am just going to pick out the most important contacts and transfer to MS Outlook manually.  thanks for the suggestions though.  Sad that Verizon mail doesnt have ability to export contacts to a csv or something.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@gcville wrote:

Is there any way to export contacts out of verizon email and into MS Outlook??  Should be an easy way, right?  can i at least print out a list of them?

No, there is no built-in function to export contacts from Verizon email. And I suspect there never will be, since I think Verizon's direction is to migrate all users to AOL Mail (Verizon bought AOL some time back). In AOL Mail there is an export function to a csv, ldif (whatever that is), or txt. There is also an import function.

Doesn't help for now, but if/when you are moved to AOIL Mail the function will be there.

Keller, TX 76248
Frontier FiOS customer

gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks. Yep. This only has import. Ok, the solution is do it one by one. That is crazy , but that is the solution. Glad they are moving to something better than this. Maybe the column widths can be set and stay where you set them too?  Who knows, maybe i can paste screen shots in too? That may be asking for too much. lol

Stella_Star
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOLVED??

2009-13-2011 06:43 PM

Enginerd wrote: How do I export verizon contacts to CSV?

How do I get a spreadsheet-readable file containing the contents of my Verizon Fios Internet Contacts? In other words, how do I export (not import) from my Contacts?

2016-04-05 12:15 PM

LawrenceC wrote: Re: How do I export verizon contacts to CSV? ‎

As this thread is now over four years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. Please see the current topic here: Re: Exporting contacts. (A "solved" reply was marked.)

2016-04-05 03:20 PM Accepted Solution

gcville wrote: Re: Exporting contacts

ok, no problem. I am just going to pick out the most important contacts and transfer to MS Outlook manually. thanks for the suggestions though. Sad that Verizon mail doesnt have ability to export contacts to a csv or something.

SOLVED?!?! Verizon does not do this is the solution?? Customer service at its finest.

0 Likes