Firefox 38.0 Unable to connect to verizon sites including email
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Over the past 2 days I have been unable to access any verizon sites (especially my web email) using Firefox 38.0.5.  Firefox appears to be trying to connect but the status shows it bouncing between "Fios Trending" and the sign in page.  No problem with chrome or IE.  I've tried refreshing Firefox, but the problem persists.  Not sure if this is a verizon problem or a Mozilla problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Firefox 38.0 Unable to connect to verizon sites including email
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK.  Problem solved.  Although I thought I had removed ALL cookies, related to verizon webmail, I discovered there were dozens of them stored in Firefox.  After removing all of the verizon related cookies, the problem has been eliminated.  Verizon seems to be fixated on loading our systems with tons of cookies for who knows what purposes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried clearing your cache, shutting down the browser and trying again? And have you tried a second browser?

0 Likes
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ElizabethS wrote:

Have you tried clearing your cache, shutting down the browser and trying again? And have you tried a second browser?

Yes.  I've cleared history, cache, cookies, etc.  I've tried "Refreshing" Firefox, and even started in safe mode (firefox) to disable addins, but the problem persists.  Posted similar message on the Mozilla forums page, but no response yet.  

I don't experience the problem in Chrome or in Internet Explorer, but really don't like those browsers.

0 Likes
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Additional Information:

When I try to connect to www.verizon.com or to the address for verizon's webmail, after the inital attempt to connect, the address bar shows the following:

http://fiostrending.verizon.com/?sc_cid=g4mgrtd

It is this that seems to be hanging things up.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not seeing similar problems using Firefox.  Do you start at the beginning (www.verizon.com) or do you try to jump directly to the webmail (or other) pages?

Remember most of us here are Peers.

0 Likes
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, I do realize that and appreciate the opportunity to discuss.

The problem seems to be with one particular computer - my office PC.  My home PC is able to connect without an issue.  It probably isn't a Verizon nor a Firefox issue at all.   Just frustrating.

To answer your question, I have tried all combinations - going to www.verizon.com, to mail directly, etc.  The Wireless site works fine, but all others - not so much.

0 Likes
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK.  Problem solved.  Although I thought I had removed ALL cookies, related to verizon webmail, I discovered there were dozens of them stored in Firefox.  After removing all of the verizon related cookies, the problem has been eliminated.  Verizon seems to be fixated on loading our systems with tons of cookies for who knows what purposes.

0 Likes