Fishing
mtruelove

I have been receiving suspecious fishing emails that are posing as an official Verison source.  Is there a Verision IT Security Office that I could report the issue to?  The message tells me to update my verizon account information or my email account will be shut down.

0 Likes
Re: Fishing
Justin46
Legend

@mtruelove wrote:

I have been receiving suspecious fishing emails that are posing as an official Verison source.  Is there a Verision IT Security Office that I could report the issue to?  The message tells me to update my verizon account information or my email account will be shut down.

That is surely a phishing scam.

Here is a link to a Verizon Announcements page listing various announcements, including references to a number of phishing emails:

http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_announcement

Is the email you received among those listed? If so I don't think you need to do anything other than delete the email. If it is not about the only thing I can suggest is to use one of the Contact Us options shown at the bottom of every web page.

Keller, TX 76248

lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

justin

all verizon mail is legit correct?lol it would be nice justin if fixing the problem by filtering or blocking. so the customer does not recieve those "phshing emails" again.but instead justin sends the customer to the scam page to comfirm it. lol justin you would make a great verizon technician.after all you are a marketer.

ps justin i need a good home loan can you help me out brah {edited for privacy} :-)pass it around the office please

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@lilhighway wrote:

justin

all verizon mail is legit correct?lol it would be nice justin if fixing the problem by filtering or blocking. so the customer does not recieve those "phshing emails" again.but instead justin sends the customer to the scam page to comfirm it. lol justin you would make a great verizon technician.after all you are a marketer.

ps justin i need a good home loan can you help me out brah {edited for privacy} :-)pass it around the office please

Wow! I truely don't understand what you are talking about.I don't really care either, but just in case others read this thread, I will try one more time.....

No where did I say that all "verizon mail" is "legit", of course there are plenty of phishing scams out there, targeting Verizon and many other sites. The link I provided l;ists those that Verizon has documented. Of course there are probably more, new ones pop up all the time, it probably takes a while for Verizon to recognize them and post warnings.

Why do you call that site a "scam page"? I guess that actually is a pretty valid description, because it does document scams, but it also provides links to other useful information. And it is clearly a valid Verizon site; I posted the full link as the text so you can see what site I was sending you to, and if you mouse over the link you can see the actual link in your browser's status bar, which is exactly the same as the text. And to repeat, it is very clearly a Verizon site. So again, why do you call that a "scam page"? (lilhighway please don't answer, what you think doesn't matter to me)

Anyway, I answered the original poster's question, so I see no reason for this silly dialog to continue. 

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is a link to a Verizon Announcements page listing various announcements, including references to a number of phishing emails:

http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_announcement

Is the email you received among those listed? If so I don't think you need to do anything other than delete the email. If it is not about the only thing I can suggest is to use one of the Contact Us options shown at the bottom of every web page.

Keller, TX 76248

using the email tools would be good justin.who wants to see annoying spam or empty a folder with spam in it.

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why do you call that site a "scam page"? I guess that actually is a pretty valid description, because it does document scams, but it also provides links to other useful information. And it is clearly a valid Verizon site; I posted the full link as the text so you can see what site I was sending you to, and if you mouse over the link you can see the actual link in your browser's status bar, which is exactly the same as the text. And to repeat, it is very clearly a Verizon site. So again, why do you call that a "scam page"? (lilhighway please don't answer, what you think doesn't matter to me)

Anyway, I answered the original poster's question, so I see no reason for this silly dialog to continue. 

Keller, TX 76248

justin you need to read your post before you post it lol.{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

lilhighway wrote:

Using the email tools would be good, Justin._Who wants to see annoying spam or empty a folder with spam in it?

Justin

All Verizon mail is legit, correct?_LOL. It would be nice, Justin, if fixing the problem by filtering or blocking <were possible?>, so the customer does not recieve those "phishing emails" again._But instead, Justin sends the customer to the scam page to comfirm it. LOL. Justin, you would make a great Verizon technician._After all, you are a marketer.

PS: Justin, I need a good home loan. Can you help me out, brah? {edited for privacy} 🙂_Pass it around the office, please.

Justin, you need to read your post before you post it. LOL._{please keep your posts courteous}

You need to read the original post before whining about the answers others are providing. They specifically asked if there was somewhere they needed to report the email, and Justin answered that question. Quite effectively, in my opinion.

On the topic of needing to read your post before submitting it... People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I would like to add that any time you need to alert Verizon of a scam message, you can forward it to abuse@verizon.net for review.

lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

justin

tell us the best way to control phishing emails or spam emails.

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

@JustinAll Star

All Star

@mtruelove wrote:

Keller, TX 76248                      i can handle them very well on my own. the point i was tryin to make is you can fix the issue without verizon.and yes justin did refer that person to the scam page and the contact us option "laughing"katlin no offense but try thinking outside verizon policey and procedures.i don't whine {please keep it relevant}

0 Likes