Help me-- neophyte to this phase of the computer
robertn1

I'm not too familiar with the workings of a computer- why? because I only know a few things about it.  I'd like to ask someone, anyone for that matter, how some things work.  For instance--if I check something as " spam" and check the appropriate box, what happens to that "spam" that has been placed in it? It seems to me to stay there and, if I delete it, the same type of message comes back to haunt me? Doesn't the computer (or some human being) make sure that the type of mail is forbidden"back into my computer?"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help me-- neophyte to this phase of the computer
tns
Master - Level 2

NOpe.  More spam including identical will still come.

Various spam filters work different ways you mention coming in to your computer which implies the use of a mail client.  The Microsoft mail clients allow you to mark spam as junk and add the sender or his domain to their filter.

Verizon's spam filter on their mail uses a scheme that is not published.  It doesn't appear to block by senders, but by analyzing content for various things.  When you mark mail as spam, it triggers a copy being sent to the people responsible for this anti-spam software to analyze and perhaps incorporate new checking into their spam filter.  If you use a client rather then the Webmail, you need to send copies of such spam as attachments to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net .

View solution in original post

Re: Help me-- neophyte to this phase of the computer
tns
Master - Level 2

NOpe.  More spam including identical will still come.

Various spam filters work different ways you mention coming in to your computer which implies the use of a mail client.  The Microsoft mail clients allow you to mark spam as junk and add the sender or his domain to their filter.

Verizon's spam filter on their mail uses a scheme that is not published.  It doesn't appear to block by senders, but by analyzing content for various things.  When you mark mail as spam, it triggers a copy being sent to the people responsible for this anti-spam software to analyze and perhaps incorporate new checking into their spam filter.  If you use a client rather then the Webmail, you need to send copies of such spam as attachments to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net .