Help with DSL Transition EMail
JoeTheNerd

Sir / Madam,

I am a one man operation that suggests tech to small businesses.  I am also one of your customers.

One of our common customers {edited for privacy} needs FIOS.  We asked and asked over the years and were put off. 

The owners need to put in a video system.  DSL cannot handle the bandwidth.  So we needed to look elsewhere.  Comcast was able to provide the services needed.  We set about an orderly transition.  It has been complicated with the fact that much of the business before this year was done using an email address, (I will give you the name later)@ Verizon.Net.

We tried calling your business offices a number of times and got a new answer every time we called.  Since you record calls for customer service improvement, I am sure you can find some of the calls.  I can give you a list of phone numbers Verizon was called from if you want to track this down.

We bounced all over your systems from corporate to residential to the KeepMyEmail.com in order to preserve the email address.

But your corporate system is just too confusing.  The email address is lost.  Evidently no one can tell us how to get it back.  It seems that the wall of your DSL systems are preventing the transfer of this email – even to the client’s residential account as a sub-account.

Yesterday, I was promised a call back from a manager today from one of your staff – and it is now after 5 pm on a Friday.  We are blown off yet again.  No one can tell me how to get into your corporate chain, so I am sending this email blindly to you in the hopes it can get to someone who can help.

This auto body shop needs access to its email.  What can be done to help these people?  I cannot believe that your company is that inflexible to business that this email address is lost to your system forever. 

This company put faith in you that you would take care of its business needs.  It marketed itself along with your product.  All advertising literature had both company’s names displayed when it says NameOfCompany@Verizon.Net.  Now if a customer sends an email to this address and it bounces back it looks bad for both entities.  Even if we can get a way to forward this email to another address or give a reply back that is enough.  The shop would pay a fee to you for that – we even attempted to do that with the KeepMyEmail.com system you control.

I cannot imagine Verizon is opening an auto body shop and wants to steal the customers of this establishment.  It is not like Verizon needs this email address for anything.

How can we work together to set this right?

Thank You

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Help with DSL Transition EMail
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Help with DSL Transition EMail
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JoeTheNerd,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the public thread. If you ever need help please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes