Hotmail and MSN are rejecting emails sent from my verizon address as spam
GlennH1

I find this behavior quite disturbing. I am not sure what I should do, but I am pretty sure other ISPs and their users must experience the same issue. Is there a standard protocol for Verizon support to rectify this scenario? I am just sending regular emails - not sure why there were rejected, other than email from other users looking like spam.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Hotmail and MSN are rejecting emails sent from my verizon address as spam
suz15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Similar situation.  I replied to a MSN address yesterday, had it flagged as spam, and now I cannot send ANY email to any address from my Verizon.net account.  Have to wait until I get "whitelisted".  I did not do anything wrong! 

Can receive but not send email.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try going to www.isnotspam.com and sending your email to them.  they will identify any red flags, and tell you what you can change to make your message go through without getting bounced back. 

0 Likes
suz15
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue seems to have been resolved.

0 Likes
jmhcpa

4pm in NY and problem still exists.  Emails to msn.com & hotmail.com are rejected by server.  Emails to live.com just disappear into etherspace.  Here's the reject message i'm getting (deleted email I'm sending to for privacy issues):

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address:

Reason: Server rejected MAIL FROM address.

Diagnostic code: smtp;550 SC-004 (BAY0-MC2-F11) Unfortunately, messages from 206.46.173.11 weren't sent. We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider. The problem is that too many unwanted messages have been sent from the following IP address above. You can

Remote system: dns;mx4.hotmail.com (TCP|206.46.173.11|61598|65.54.188.94|25)

0 Likes
RimfireRat

I'm having the same thing happing to me with friends I email daily ,verizon best resolve this issue or I'm dumping them also take note of the contnet of what you share. that they censor

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@jmhcpa wrote:

4pm in NY and problem still exists.  Emails to msn.com & hotmail.com are rejected by server.  Emails to live.com just disappear into etherspace.  Here's the reject message i'm getting (deleted email I'm sending to for privacy issues):

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address:

Reason: Server rejected MAIL FROM address.

Diagnostic code: smtp;550 SC-004 (BAY0-MC2-F11) Unfortunately, messages from 206.46.173.11 weren't sent. We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider. The problem is that too many unwanted messages have been sent from the following IP address above. You can

Remote system: dns;mx4.hotmail.com (TCP|206.46.173.11|61598|65.54.188.94|25)

Based on that message, it's a block on the MSN/Hotmail side, and they're going to have to be the ones to remove it. Verizon doesn't control their blocked list.