How do I handle my wifes email?
wingdam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I setup the aol mail for my primary verizon.net account, but I can find no way to setup a aol page for my wifes secondary verizon.net address. The questions say it will also go over, but just how the Hell do I set up her verizon.net aol mail page. She's never used web mail, just pop-smtp. But it would be handy for her when traveling.  Will her email address go dead at the switchover?

0 Likes
Re: How do I handle my wifes email?
Justin46
Legend

My primary account has not switched, but one of my sub accounts did yesterday. Based on my experience from that, all you have to do is for you (or her) to log into her webmail sub account periodically and, just like yours, at some point she will get a notice to convert. And as far as I know the process is exactly the same as for the primary account (sort of guessing here as my primary has not converted yet). And once converted all accounts will be equal, hers will not be a sub account and not tied to your account.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
wingdam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, I'm hoping that will be the case, but I'm a little worried as I had a prior verizon.net web mail account, but she never did, she just used pop.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@wingdam wrote:

Thanks, I'm hoping that will be the case, but I'm a little worried as I had a prior verizon.net web mail account, but she never did, she just used pop.

She has a webmail account, she just never accessed it I guess. It is the same account that she accesses with the pop client - for example, my wife and I both use the Windows Live Mail pop client on our computers, but I also check my account at least daily using the webmail interface to see if any messages were treated as spam (and some occasionally are). I have hers set to delete spam automatically so she never has had a need to use webmail to access the account.

You (or she) need to log onto the account via webmail occasionally to see when that account will be converted. I saw a post that indicated there will be at least one email sent about converting but I don't remember seeing anything about that in any Verizon info so I am not sure whether that is correct or not. But depending on where you are located, the deadline to migrate may be the end of March so we should all start looking for the go signal, especially if you are in TX, FL, or CA.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
wingdam
Enthusiast - Level 3

We both use Outlook to access mail, when I try to access verizon webmail with her email address and password it comes up as invalid. If I try to recover her password they want me to set up a my verizon account using my account number.

I can't find the old manage your email area on the verizon site anywhere, which is where you used to be able to handle all the email addresses attached to the main account.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@wingdam wrote:

We both use Outlook to access mail, when I try to access verizon webmail with her email address and password it comes up as invalid. If I try to recover her password they want me to set up a my verizon account using my account number.

I can't find the old manage your email area on the verizon site anywhere, which is where you used to be able to handle all the email addresses attached to the main account.

I log in to webmail with my username/password, the same username I use in my POP client, not email address/password. Yours is different? This thread might help you get access to the sub account (if you still need help): http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Need-to-Rehabilitate-a-Sub-Account/m-p/804989#M22825

When I go to My Verizon and select My Services, under FiOS Internet I see a selection to Add/Manage Sub Account. You don't see that? That is where I can add or delete a sub account, but I cannot change the password there. To do that you must log into that account itself.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
wingdam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's what I'm getting, I can see (to manage only) the sub account on my verizon, but I can't access it on verizon webmail. When I use my sign on I get the you've transferred to AOL webmail msg. When I use her email and password at verizon webmail they want a new account signup to my Verizon.  

0 Likes
wingdam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do use her pop login to no avail. the account isn't locked I just can't get to verizon webmail with it. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@wingdam wrote:

I do use her pop login to no avail. the account isn't locked I just can't get to verizon webmail with it. 

I'm sorry, but that statement just makes no sense to me (I know it does to you, but based on my experience, no).

I can tell you for an absolute fact, I use the exact same login info for my POP client and for webmail access to the same account - login name (NOT the full email address. just the name part, what for me is in the Email username field under Incoming Mail Server on the Servers tab in the POP client definition) and password.

Wish I could be of more help, but I just don't know what else to suggest. Sorry.....

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
wingdam
Enthusiast - Level 3

What I'm thinking happened is that when I migrated my master account over that eliminated verizon webmail in it's entirety for all the sub accounts. It would have been nice if they mentioned it in advance. 

0 Likes