I'm forced to use Verizion email otherwise my email is on a block list?
josephkovi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was using another email provider, mail.com to send a message to someone with a yahoo address and it bounced back. It says, Connections will not be accepted from 82.165.159.131, because the ip is in Spamhaus's list. I check Spamhaus and find this:

Outbound Email Policy of Verizon Online for this IP range:

It is the policy of Verizon Online that unauthenticated email sent from this IP address should be sent out only via the designated outbound mail server allocated to Verizon Online customers.

So this basically says if I use any other email provider other than the crappy Verizon email, my messages will be seen as spam. That is pretty outrageous.

0 Likes
Re: I'm forced to use Verizion email otherwise my email is on a block list?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use any email service you want.  I do this with multiple different email services all day long.

It looks like you tried to send email from a non-Verizon account through Verizon's server.  That won't work.  You need to use the email server for that email account.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
josephkovi
Enthusiast - Level 3

@gs0b wrote:

It looks like you tried to send email from a non-Verizon account through Verizon's server.  

I wouldn't know how to do that if I wanted to. I was in my mail.com email service and sent a message to someone with a yahoo address. A few seconds later I get:

Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address
failed:

"{edited for privacy}@yahoo.com":
SMTP error from remote server after MAIL command:
host: mta5.am0.yahoodns.net
5.7.1 [BL21] Connections will not be accepted from 82.165.159.131, because the ip is in Spamhaus's list; see http://postmaster.yahoo.com/550-bl23.html

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using an email program or webmail?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The IP address listed there isn't being blocked by or because of Verizon. It is a known source of spam and is on several blacklists.

http://ip-address-lookup-v4.com/ip/82.165.159.131

The block is unrelated to your ISP.

0 Likes
josephkovi
Enthusiast - Level 3

@somegirl wrote:

The IP address listed there isn't being blocked by or because of Verizon. It is a known source of spam and is on several blacklists.

That address you highlighted is in Germany. I use mail.com for email and they are one of largest and oldest email providers in the USA just like gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. It probably has millions of users. What does that have to do with why my outbound email wouldn't go through, at least to the recipients spam box?

0 Likes
josephkovi
Enthusiast - Level 3

@somegirl wrote:

If this is true, why isn't everybody using gmail blocked? 90% of the spams and scams I get are from gmail addresses.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@josephkovi wrote:

@somegirl wrote:

That address you highlighted is in Germany. I use mail.com for email and they are one of largest and oldest email providers in the USA just like gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. It probably has millions of users. What does that have to do with why my outbound email wouldn't go through, at least to the recipients spam box?

The IP address is the one in your bounce error listed in the OP. mout-xforward.gmx.com is the hostname. I'm not sure if mail.com is forwarding mail through this address or what, but I didn't pull it out of the air, it's from your post.

0 Likes