IMAP or EAS
Pappu1

I just got a new samsun 500t that runs windows 8.  I;m trying to add my verizon.net email account to the mail feature and am unable to.  I was hoping I could get some help from this forum.

So Here the what happens when I try to add the account..

I go to add mail account..

It then give me 3 options - EAS, IMAP and Pop.  I choose Pop and I get an error message that says Pop is not supproted on this device. Please use IMAP or EAS settings.

I enter all the IMAP fields and it still won't connect.  Can some one give me the proper info?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: IMAP or EAS
tns
Master - Level 2

Only pop is supported on verizon.  Probably other apps that work.  Also there is suppose to be away to use OUTLOOK.COM for such email.

Since POP is actually still the most common protocaol for email, its unfortunate that Microsoft decided not support it with Windows 8.  Those on windows 8 pc can just install Windows essentials Mail, but those on other devices have a problem.

Re: IMAP or EAS
Hubrisnxs
Legend

there’s a workaround that involves routing your messages through an online service such as Gmail, Hotmail or Outlook.com, and then having it grab the VZ messages and producing them in that web client. 

check this website for screenshots and instructions

http://tinyurl.com/8ovs4mw