IMAP settings?
bajhn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received an email about new settings for accessing my Verizon email accounts. I'm very pleased that Verizon is implementing SSL for both inbound and outbound mail, but there are no IMAP settings given for the new inbound server, pop.verizon.net, and using the standard settings for IMAP and SSL doesn't work. Why isn't this being supported?

Many people use multiple email clients -- desktop, smartphone, tablet, and web interface (like Gmail, for example). IMAP is much better for this than POP. We need this service! Can someone at Verizon please notify management that this is what some of your customers want?

Re: IMAP settings?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Not sure why, but Verizon has said no they won't be doing IMAP email.

They state in this community suggested idea the following

"IMAP e-mail"

We have strategically chosen POP3 Email architecture to minimize storage costs. Please know that each master email account has 2GB of storage and if the user does not POP their email, the email is accessible from anywhere with internet access via myverizon.com.

I ended up getting outlook.com for that very reason and it came with 7GB's of skydrive online service free.

lambanlaa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think changing the mail servers to pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net are precursors to Verizon finally offering IMAP.

Just a feeling I get...

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lambanlaa wrote:

I think changing the mail servers to pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net are precursors to Verizon finally offering IMAP.

Just a feeling I get...

Lets see servers renamed pop and SMTP.   And you think they wil offer IMAP?  No Way.

0 Likes
jpbriant
Enthusiast - Level 2
Up.
any news ?
0 Likes
Waytron

I don't really understand why Verizon does not offer some form of IMAP email.  In todays world of having multiple devices such as computers, Smart Phones and Tablets, POP email is almost worthless.  I gave my wife an ipad for Christmas and she refuses to use it because when she goes thru her email on the ipad and reads and deletes items, they do not delete on her computer and she has to go thru them all over again.

I am trying to get her to switch to a gmail account which works perfectly with mutliple email devices or we may switch to Comcast who now offers IMAP accounts.

Shame on you Verizon... You are so far behind in this technology and in your constant effort to try and keep customers using your Internet Service, you should really update your technology.

0 Likes
xuesheng

I'm also thinking of moving away from Verizon for this reason.

The absence of IMAP is ridiculous.

0 Likes
JGraham17

Try having a new Galaxy S5 that keeps pullingthe same 50  emails in everytime it refreshes email. I delete and bam same 50 again in 2 hours.. So I am deleteing same email every 2 hours.. Kinda worthless even having email on my phone! Imap would elimate the email from server preventing it from being pulled to my phone every 2 hours!

0 Likes
Hotkey

That is a Galaxy S5 problem ... not a Verizon POP mail problem.

I will admit, I get the same eMail across multiple devices ... and I have to delete it off of multiple devices.  HOWEVER, I don't get the same eMail over and over and over ON THE SAME DEVICE.  That's a Galaxy S5 problem.  There is probably a bit you have turned on that you need to turn off.

0 Likes
sawyer4815

Why doesn't Verizon provide access to the IMAP protocol. I just talked to customer service and they blew off my question about whether it would be provided in the future.

0 Likes