Important Changes to your Verizon Email Account
RonMehan1

Is there something you forgot to include in your message?  When I followed the link in your e-mail, and used the In-Home Assistant, when the app completed, I was locked out of my e-mail account using Outlook 2007.  I then used your "custom instructions" to reconfigure my Outlook 2007 account, with the same result.  I finally got my account working again by going in and selecting "use defaults" in the Advanced tab.

Have you not yet made the changes you are announcing?  If so, you should indicate that in the message.  If you have made the changes, you instructions don't work.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Important Changes to your Verizon Email Account
garnerjim

Didn't work for me either.  So, I looked at my Firewall and allowed access to the two new ports, and voila, it works.

Outlook 2010.

0 Likes
renfield7214

What about Windows Live mail? Are we supposed to use the same new settings? If so, they don't work.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.

0 Likes
vincris

It would certainly be helpful if Verizon gave detailed instructions on changing the e-mail settings for outlook express for us not too computer savvy folks. I don't dare to change the settings without instructions. The last time I lost my e-mail it took a week to fix the problem.

0 Likes
PapaRich1

Mr Verizon Moderator:

Your entreaty that the forum is to help other Verizon users is NOT helpful.

My contribution is to change my incoming and outgoing servers back to 110 and 25 for my OUTLOOK 2003.

The Verizon web site for Outlook 2003 telling me to use incoming and outgoing of 995 and 465 does NOT work.

Also the selection "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" does not appear on my settings.  All I see is to select "ENCRYPTED" and I am sure that is not correct.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is a peer to peer support forum. If none of your fellow users can assist with your problem, and you need help from Verizon, you must contact them directly through one of the options on this page:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
PapaRich1

How did you access your firewall settings specific to the email?

I use Norton 360 and it gave me no warning.  Further, I do not want to mess with the firewall without Verizon giving instructions.

As I posted earlier, my old port settings work.  If it stops working I will burn up the land line to Verizon.

0 Likes
GaryHoorn
I use a program called MailWasher Pro. It has the new settings and connects just fine. Outlook 2007 will not connect with the new setting and I must revert to the defaults in order to get mail. Something is still not right with the instructions IMO. Gary
0 Likes
PapaRich1

Moderator Elizabeth S:

I did that and will have to wait a business day for reply.  I hope to then post a good message from Verizon that solves my problem with the new settings.

I really do not want to go to Comcast mail if things get messed up.

0 Likes