Inbox is consolidating emails
aldiobilda1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone tell me why my inbox changed about a month ago?  Now if someone writes to me with a subject line of "information" or another title, and then someone else writes to me with that exact title, it lumps the messages together.  I've lost numerous messages because of it.  Very frustrating.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Inbox is consolidating emails
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@aldiobilda wrote:

Can anyone tell me why my inbox changed about a month ago?  Now if someone writes to me with a subject line of "information" or another title, and then someone else writes to me with that exact title, it lumps the messages together.  I've lost numerous messages because of it.  Very frustrating.  Thanks

Based on your description, I'm guessing you are using Verizon/Yahoo mail. This thread is most likely the answer to your problem.

From the first post in that thread:

@qjill wrote:

After losing my mind, and my husband losing his at the new email appearance on Verizon Yahoo, I called Verizon tech service and a nice rep helped me fix it. In the corner you will see a cog/rachet symbol. Click on it and then go to "Settings." Under "viewing email, " uncheck the box that says "enable conversations." (This ghastly feature groups all of the related emails together in a confusing jumble.) You also have the option to check "basic view" for a simple email appearance that best resembles the old email. You then need to "save" to change the settings...

0 Likes
aldiobilda1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much for the speedy reply.  I did the first part and will try the second part, if need be.  Much appreciated!  Scratching my hand, as to why they do this to us.  I didn't change anything...they changed me...

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@aldiobilda wrote:

Thanks so much for the speedy reply.  I did the first part and will try the second part, if need be.  Much appreciated!  Scratching my hand, as to why they do this to us.  I didn't change anything...they changed me...

It's my understanding that Yahoo decided to change their email product accross the board, and several people are unhappy with it. I don't use Yahoo (plain Verizon account here), so I haven't actually seen the changes.

0 Likes
aldiobilda1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I always thought that was what I had - Verizon...but it says it's powereed by Yahoo??  Again, don't know much, but appreciate your help/advice.

0 Likes