Incoming Email blocked
gencur

My colleague's email address is being blocked by Verizon for some reason.  Who do we contact to get it unblocked?

Frank

0 Likes
Re: Incoming Email blocked
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Is it being blocked by the Spam Detector, or is your colleague getting a bounceback message?

If it's the Spam Detector, then you can add them to your Safe List. If they are getting a bounceback, then there are instructions in that email.

0 Likes
gencur

No bounceback message.  No spam indicator on the receiving end.  It is just not going through.  I can't find who to contact at Verizon to get it fixed.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

If it is not being bounced to the sender and you don't get it, why do you think it is Verizon's problem? Is either one of you getting any error message at all? If so, what is it?

I don't think there is any way anybody can help you with the information you have provided so far.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it's being blocked by Verizon, then there will be a bounce back message from Verizon rejecting the mail in the senders mailbox.   What happens if they try to send a totally bogus address (make up something you know can't possibly exist at Verizon like dfj2lj34lsdfkjfsdlkj234@verizon.net)?

One thing to check on the receiving end ... what mail client are you using?    Some mail clients have a junk mail filter turned on which "discards" anything it receives as junk mail automatically.   Is that possibly the case here?

0 Likes
gencur

The receivers have Verizon and are using Outlook.  They are the one's not receiving the emails.  The sender is located in Kenya, she uses Lotus Notes to send.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If the sender is not getting a bounceback, then set your Spam Detector to save incoming spam to your SpamDetector folder (it's set to delete by default), and check for the messages there. You will have to actually log into Verizon's webmail to do this.

Again, if this is the case you need to add them to your Safe List.

0 Likes
bashman

I have the same issue with sending email to verizon mailbox. I used to send emails to family members who have verizon emails just fine from our in-house MS Exchange mail server. But now, I can't. When I send email to a verizon.net email address, the email never get to the verizon user and then i get the following delay bounce back email:

"Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. "

It seems that verizon is blocking our corp in-house mail server from reaching verizon email addresses.

How can I check if our in-house mail server is blocked by verizon? how can i request to be removed from verizon blacklist?

0 Likes
ginerjm

I too am having problems sending email to my friends who use verizon.net for their email.  Suddenly last week Verizon began blocking my email address - the same one I've been using to email these people with for years.  Sure - there are instructions about going to a verizon page to enter your info in order to be removed from their spam "list", but they seem to be geared towards ISPs or corporate sites, not single individuals like me.  What a crock!

0 Likes
NYCTransplant1

I too am having problems with my Verizon email. I can send mail out fine. But incoming is being rejected. The message says it is being rejected by XXX@XXX, which was my OLD email account on T-Mobile and my Sidekick (which was 2 years ago). Arrgh. Can anyone help?

0 Likes