Is the Verizon/Yahoo email server down?
Gomboman1

I've been having problems for the last couple of weeks trying to change my verizon/yahoo email without any success after my account was hacked. Now I can't log into the verizon/yahoo mail system.

I can log into verizon.com without any issues even after chaning my verizon password several time. Now as soon as I go into the verizon web mail system from verizon.com I get this error:

"The server is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

I've been getting this error for the last couple of days. It appears that the connection between verizon and yahoo is broken. Does anyone on from Verizon know what's going on? I contacted verizon via a chat today and someone from India was not aware of the problem and couldn't help me.

Is it possible to setup my xxxx@verizon.net email acount without going through yahoo. I use outlook at home and on my smart phone I use a verizon/yahoo email app. Please help me....

0 Likes
Re: Is the Verizon/Yahoo email server down?
Gomboman1

it appears that other folks are having the same issues:

https://downdetector.com/status/yahoo-mail

0 Likes
cowboy255

Same exact problem here. Can't log in via Outlook or through the Verizon/Yahoo web based. I get username/lpassword is incorrect using Outlook and Server Unavailable through Verizon/Yahoo.  Haven't had email service since 8pm or so 3/10/2015.

0 Likes
Gomboman1

Still no response from Verizon on the Verizon email system being down? I've lost business orders not being able to receive verizon emails. There is no excuse for the lack of communication on Verizon's part. 

Please at least inform your customer support employees that there is a problem. I called multiple times today and the customer support folks just play dumb and tell you to change your password. This is insane.... 

0 Likes
cowboy255

OK. My email is back up in Outlook & the verizon/Yahoo web based page.  I used every automated troubleshooting tool on Verizons support without success.  Finally I clicked on "Live Chat" and got a tech support fella in India.  It was a server error on Verizons end that wouldn't recognized my user name or password, including the valid password change I did through My Verzion.  I was going around in circles doing everything right, but nothing was going to work because it's on the server end.  Live Chat tech support reset the server, assigned me a temp password to get in, and had me up a running in Outloo and web based in 10 minutes.  Use Live Chat

0 Likes
Gomboman1
Glad they solved your problem Cowboy. I tried again today but the service tech told me there is nothing they can do and I need to wait. I sure wish I could find the same tech in India that you dealt with. All of mine have not been very helpful.
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes