Large Attachments
ChillyWilly1

I've been trying to send a friend a mp3 file but get a message saying it's "too large to upload more than 8000kb" even in zip file. So is there a way to adjust the e-mail settings to increase and allow these type of files. ?  I have in fact been able to receive the same type and size files but , cannot send.

0 Likes
Re: Large Attachments
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Consider using a service like

https://www.yousendit.com/

0 Likes
Re: Receiving Large Attachments
IrvingR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there an upper limit to the size of a file to be received as an attachment.  I am expecting a file of less then 14 GB from a correspondent in Washington State who can transmit them but I never receive them. Neither of us receives an error notice.

Thanks Irving

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon email has two size limits

If you are using webmail   the size limit is 8

If you are using a third party client like outlook, it should be about 20mb 

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@IrvingR wrote:

Is there an upper limit to the size of a file to be received as an attachment.  I am expecting a file of less then 14 GB from a correspondent in Washington State who can transmit them but I never receive them. Neither of us receives an error notice.

Thanks Irving

Your problem is most likely the quota on your mailbox. Primary accounts get 2 gigs, and subs only get 250 meg. Since the attachment in question is over the allowable size for an entire Verizon inbox, it would be rejected.

Re: Large Attachments
scottydog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Use email software such as windows live mail or Mozilla Thunderbird. When you do this, it increases your per email size to 20MB each.  Verizon email servers will automatically do this only if you use client email software.

0 Likes