Lousy Email Technical Support
Jordie99

I have been unable to send emails from the Verzion website since January 2012.  I go to online chat with the Support team and deal with India.  They're very nice and good to deal with.  However,  every trouble ticket is elevated and a day later they call and say the problem is fixed.  IT's NOT! 

Yester day I called the hep line and got the Philippines.  They too were nice and repeated the same steps India used.  Screen share, changing settings on my browser, website email settings, etc.  After an hour,  they transferred my call the the Massachusetts Premium Support group.  I paid 39.99 for 30 minutes of help.  I was transferred to their Email department and found they couldn't fix it and they transferred me to the Network group.  They couldn't fix it either and transferred me to the Server Configuration group.  After being on hold for 45 minutes.......the call got dropped.  I called back and got the Phillippines again. So, 39.99 for nothing!!!

Everybody does the exact same thing and resolves nothing.  I know the world is round, but, does the service have to be as well?

0 Likes
Re: Lousy Email Technical Support
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Jordie99 wrote:

I have been unable to send emails from the Verzion website since January 2012.  I go to online chat with the Support team and deal with India ... Yester day I called the hep line and got the Philippines ... After an hour,  they transferred my call the the Massachusetts Premium Support group.  I paid 39.99 for 30 minutes of help ... After being on hold for 45 minutes.......the call got dropped.  I called back and got the Phillippines again. So, 39.99 for nothing!!! ...

I have a simple suggestion that may or may not meet your needs:  abandon web mail.  Just type "email client" in the search box at the top of this page, and you will find a myriad of detailed suggestions by many experienced users describing better methods for handling email.  Just about any of them will do what you want to do, and in a simple and painless manner.

Meanwhile I am wondering if there was a problem getting through to India and the Philippines.  In my experience it takes about the same length of time as a call to Brooklyn.  Even on weekends.  The old "speed of light" thingie is still valid.
0 Likes
Jordie99

Never had a problem getting through to India or the Philippines.  I even liked the people trying to help me.  The problem was everyone did the same thing over and over again.  Even when I was transferred to another department....Same steps again and again.  Always escalated and told to wait for call.  I'd receive a call saying the problem was fixed and the ticket closed.  It wasn't.   And the routine begins again.  11 months of this same routine. 

It wouldn't be so bad, but, I was an IT Auditor for Verizon and audited these same groups.  They have a tough job. 

As for other forms of emails.  I use others too.  But, I need my primary Verizon account fixed.

Thanks for the advice.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Are you getting any kind of an error on sending?

0 Likes