Made the switch, now I am getting spammed by AOL
Harley-Rich

Well I made the switch to AOL as told I would have to do, now I am getting emails from AOL daily in all our accounts telling us to download the app, follow us on twitter etc.

I paid Verizon for this service and now I have ads along with spam, where are the benefits??  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Re: Made the switch, now I am getting spammed by AOL
Scott_r1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it's pretty scummy how Verion and AOL shoved the marketing down our throats. Fortuately, there's a way to turn it off (assuming AOL actually respects our settings).

Go to the marketing preferences page, sign in (email address/password) and uncheck everything. You'll have to do this for each email address you have, one at a time.

Frankly, I'm considering switching from Verizon. I was on the fence before; getting slammed with ads (you can't turn them off of the webmail interface) for, as you say, something I'm paying for is slimy.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Harley-Rich

No I had not, but I already use these when using the web interface.  What I am really annoyed about is that AOL is sending me emails multiple times a week for their services.  I would have expected that since we are paying Verizon for the internet service which at the time years ago when I switched from Comcast whay am I not automatically getting Ad-Free AOL?  This is just another way that Verizon is ripping off their customers.  They own AOL so we should not have to deal with advertising or marleting emails.  I have gone into the Marketing Preferences web page for this and turned everything off now aiting to see what happens.

Smiley Mad

0 Likes