Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long
jakemgg
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are new to verizon and have received word from some of our friends that they keep trying the new e-mail (verizon.net) and it bounces with "Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long".

Any way to soleve this?

Re: Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long
Loone1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted an issue with same exact error on June 13 under the title

"Intermittent problems receiving e-mail to my verizon.net account from senders at Yahoo web mail"

In my case, I could specifically identify the senders as using Yahoo webmail to send the email.

Could someone from Verizon please look into this ?

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Loone wrote:

...Could someone from Verizon please look into this ?

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

0 Likes
gjcoram
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  I spent an hour on chat with Verizon yesterday, and they said it's Yahoo's problem.  I asked Yahoo, and they said it's Verizon's problem.

Will someone please take responsibility for this issue?

gjcoram
Enthusiast - Level 2

> This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should

> contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

I went there, and it says chat is not available, why don't I check the forums?

0 Likes
plmesq
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, this has now gone on for three weeks!  Someone did something to the environment recently.  Both hard to believe and infuriating that this is happening again, but this was happening in December and this also happened about three years ago and about two years ago.  Unfortunately, I spent even longer than gjcoram on chat with them, 1-1/2 hours today! 

They swore they never heard of the problem for the first 1-1/4 hours, then after I repeatedly told them it is being discussed on blogospheres, they admitted it, but then promptly blamed Yahoo.  I have had a Yahoo email account for years and this never happened until Verizon started being used by friends and colleagues about three years ago and it never happens with any other domain to which I send emails.  Doesn't happen with gmail, aol, hotmail, yahoo, private domains, etc., etc.  They are refusing to do anything to make their environment consistent with everyone else's to prevent these bounce backs from happening.  Some very important emails have gone non-delivered.  I have friends/colleagues who missed receiving some information that caused them to do something they wouldn't have done had they received the information as intended.  Needless to say, they are extremely frustrated and ready to walk from Verizon and I am warning everyone I can to stay away from Verizon and I am becoming more vocal - both personally and electronically - after today.

(BTW, I am posting this to the forum as I already did the Contact Us route to no avail as I discussed above.)

0 Likes
plmesq
Enthusiast - Level 2

To somegirl:  Did "Contact Us" for 1-1/2 hours with zero results.   Now what?  Thanks.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello plmesq

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Loone1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would appreciate if they would reach out to me as well (by e-mail).

Thanks for helping out but by now you should be aware that folks are unsatisfied with the response they get via "official"

channels.  I personally spent an unproductive hour via chat with Verizon Support.  It is not the reps fault -- they are just following a script -- but it is not working for the customer.

0 Likes
Loone1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it's been about a week and I have not heard back from Verizon.  Has the person who Verizon promised to contact

heard back ?

This problem is also being discussed on the thread with the subject

"Intermittent problems receiving e-mail to my verizon.net account from senders at Yahoo web mail"

I realize the forum can't solve problems -- just want to register that the "official" channels for solving problems don't work and hope someone from Verizon will read this and can take initiative.

Would be nice if everyone reporting the problem could reference this thread to show that

1. the problem is not unique to the user

2. the problem is persistent

3. the problem is intermittent and occurs with senders from multiple domains (although Yahoo is flagged very often)

0 Likes