Migration, now nothing works, help!
rubinmd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use Windows Live and also mail on my iphone.  I migrated per the instructions several days ago and everything worked fine.  I chose the "keep my verizon email address" option.   Last night I could no longer send or receive emails on my Windows Live (on my laptop) or on my iphone.  I get the following error message:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'smtp.verizon.net'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Protocol: SMTP

Port: 465

Secure(SSL): Yes

and, this one:

Server: 'pop.verizon.net'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Protocol: POP3

Port: 995

Secure(SSL): Yes

I was on phone for 3 hours with 1) Verizon and 2) aol.  Each said the problem was with the other.  I have been able (sometimes) to access my mail @ aol.com, but that is spotty and I hate the look of it and want to use Live Mail.  I am at my wits end.  And hope someone can help.  Apparently my incoming is a POP3 protocol and outgoing is SMTP.  Since I did not change any of that I assume it was always that way.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.    

0 Likes
Re: Migration, now nothing works, help!
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hope this solves your problem.

http://www.tech-faq.com/how-to-fix-outlook-error-0x800ccc0f.html

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
Re: Migration, now nothing works, help!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Double check your settings.  Just tried mine (A have been using Thunderbird instead for several years) and it still works.  Note that Microsoft has retired Live mail, which is one of the reasons I switched to Thunderbird.

Make sure you have your password using Clear Text Authentication

And check how long you have the server timeout (wlm advanced tab).  Mine is set to one minute.

0 Likes