Missing Emails
mugsy9999

Waht happens to my older emails?  I have nothing older then 6 weeks. I have lost some very important emails because of this.

0 Likes
Re: Missing Emails
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your email problems. An email client such as Outlook, Mac Mail, Thunderbird, etc can download emails from the server and then remove them. Please check all computers you have to make sure any email program had not been set up and used previously. If further assistance is needed, please reply back.

0 Likes
mugsy9999

Thank you for responding to my missing email question.  I use Mircosoft Out look in addition to the Verizon email system.  Are saying Outlook is removing my old emails? Is there any way to retreive them?  How do I stop this from happening?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Unless you change the setting the default for Outlook, and most if not all client based mailers is to remove the email from the server.  You usually have a setting saying something like "leave a copy of messages on server".

Personally I prefer choosing one device (in my case my Home PC) as the place for messages.  I have it pull and delete all messages.  I have my other devices set to "leave a copy".  You have more control and can store messages for what ever lenght of time you want if you keep them on your PC/MAC then trying to deal with various on-line servers.  You also have your messages if you were to go to a different on-line server (another ISP, GMAIL, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.).

jcent72

This has also happened to me. All the e-mail from April, May, June and mid July are missing. E-mail from March and back 2 years are still there.

I need these back. Why did they disappear. I do not have any other e-mail programs access this verizon account.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

@jcent72 wrote:

This has also happened to me. All the e-mail from April, May, June and mid July are missing. E-mail from March and back 2 years are still there.

I need these back. Why did they disappear. I do not have any other e-mail programs access this verizon account.

0 Likes
mugsy9999

I have alos lost very valuable emails.  Is there anyway to recover these?

0 Likes
aplblsm

I thought it was just me and now I see that I'm not the only one.  I have no emails after 3/2/12.  Add that to the 100 or so SPAM messages I received the last week, I think I'm done with Verizon email!

0 Likes
mugsy9999

Can the lost valuable emails be retrieved?  Or are they lost forever.

I have another question.  Why can't I delete emails sometimes by just checking the little box and hitting delete?  Most times I have to open them to be deleted and sometimes that doesn't work either. 

0 Likes