New Message Center Layout
ronJ2

I do not like the new message center layout.  I do not need whatever features it has.  Can I return to the "classic view?"  It used to be an option, but I cannot find it. 

0 Likes
Re: New Message Center Layout
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear the new changes are not working out for you. Are you portal partnered with Yahoo?

0 Likes
pkegney
Contributor - Level 1

Ron,

Apart from getting a ridicvulous reply, let me steer you to another dicussion pertaining to your ...and potentially my particular problem. I say this only because that response you recieved is typical, and usually doesn't pertain to the problem at all. It's Verizon's way of answering without answering the particular problem. Smiley Mad It's a numbers thing ie; queries/responses, so You might find that most responses recieved are not from knowledgable staff but from a triage group dedicated to stonewalling until the problem could be resolved. Smiley Wink I can't tell you how I personally I'm disgusted with support tactics being used on cusumers today, its downright unfriendly. Smiley Mad They are real strict about policies when getting their $$$ but they're really slow at provided said reasonable service or support request for said $$$. Smiley Mad

Now enough of the rant about Anthony's response. Go Here: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Verizon-Classic-Webmail-Migration-to-Verizon-Message-... there are many like us looking for simple answers to simple questions without some kind of run around game or lame excuse,

Quote from http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/I-h​ate-this-new-email-How-do-I-go-back/td-p/260257/p...

07-17-2011 09:29 AM
@bfrederi1 wrote:

Add me to the list of people who need plain text mode.

You can also add me to the list of generally disgruntled customers who do not like the new message center nor the way it was rolled out and forced upon customers who chose to opt out of it, but I guess that doesn't qualify as a "constructive" comment.

Here is as constructive as I can get. This is a quote from Verizon:

"Once you have been migrated to Message Center, the Classic View link will be removed. We believe that you will ultimately be much happier with Verizon Message Center."

Constructively speaking, the second sentence is extremely inaccurate.

Verizon seems to have removed the "Go To Classic View" tab if you have been using the new format for any length of time. However, you CAN simulate the function of that missing button and revert to the Classic View (despite what Verizon Customer Support reps might tell you) simply by following these very simple instructions:

Login to your account and go to your inbox view. In the address bar at the top of your screen, type the following EXACTLY as I have typed it here:

http://webmail.verizon.com/signin/VMCOptOut?src=vm​c

Click ENTER to the right of the address bar (or press the ENTER key on your keyboard).

(this command basically tells the system that you are Opting Out of the new view)

That's it!  Your account should now be reverted back to the Classic View.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------

Verizon, "I'm sorry!" just doesn't cut the mustard anymore.Smiley Tongue

**bleep**??? does:

Sorry to hear the new changes are not working out for you. Are you portal partnered with Yahoo?

Anthony_VZ

have to do with your question anyway, you got me Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry you felt my question superfluous. The Message center email screen is different depending if your native Verizon or Yahoo portal partnered. The page for Yahoo partnered customers is actually on the Yahoo website.

Thank you,

0 Likes
pkegney
Contributor - Level 1

"I'm sorry you felt my question superfluous. The Message center email screen is different depending if your native Verizon or Yahoo portal partnered. The page for Yahoo partnered customers is actually on the Yahoo website"

No I'm not assuming anything, as you should may have.

If I were an 'employee" and a customer asked me about a product that I am directly associated with, I would assume that is that product they might have had a having a question or issue about! So be just stating or assuming that the problem is possibly an outside issue or problem, hence not really you're (Verizon) problem as said 'employee' of said service. Thus query you proposed to OP has more to do with Yahoo! Issue than Verizon, unless of course you are in fact employed by Yahoo!

Do You see the bigger picture now! Just answer the OP's query and then you can leave any superfluous information, Otherwise you just insult our intelligence and belittle yours'. Most information posted to the board are in direct question form, thus requesting a direct answer, not conjecture.

It's like every time I call Verizon they asking "Do I have cell phone number? ..Assuming of course that I even had one. I never sure if they're phishing or legitimately want that information. Because cell phones numbers are unpublished, hence a private mode of communication and not for use for the general public, (i.e.., Verizon), so their initial usage or information is for the owner of said cell phone alone and those whom they wish to share said communication. It would be more appropriate for the owner to offer said information openly to another than to have it sequestered.

For further clarity, I have 2 lines on my telephone, one is given for everybody and the other is only given out liberally, and I sill have to contend with phishing phreaks. Now add a cell phone to the mix... No thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

My cell # is really nobody's business but my own,

0 Likes