New SSL ports don't work with iPhone
thepas
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new outgoing port 465 seems to work OK, but the incoming port 995 doesn't.  I have no idea why, since it all works fine on my computer using outlook.  I have an iPhone 4S, and when I set up for port 995 with SSL in settings, everything verifies OK.  But when I go to the mail app, I get an error message that the mail server: incoming.verizon.net is not responding (not too informative).  When I set up for port 110 without SSL, it also verifies OK and the mail app works normally (both with port 465 SSL for outgoing).

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Verizon: please help us if you can.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New SSL ports don't work with iPhone
thepas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have solved my own problem:  After setting up the incoming SSL port in settings, it is necessary to re-start the iPhone.  After the re-start, the mail app works correctly using ports 995 and 465, both with SSL enabled.

View solution in original post

thepas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have solved my own problem:  After setting up the incoming SSL port in settings, it is necessary to re-start the iPhone.  After the re-start, the mail app works correctly using ports 995 and 465, both with SSL enabled.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is great to hear/read that you got that solved, please condiser marking as solved.

thepas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info -- I'm kind of a newbie at this forum stuff.

0 Likes
reloader

Yes, thanks for the follow-up!  I kept giving up because of the failure to contact error message.

0 Likes
InspectorT1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for figuring that out. I set up my wife's iPhone and she was receiving NO emails. I was in the doghouse for a while Smiley Wink

0 Likes