New Verizon pop server, Apple Mail not working
mmodrall
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi...

I got the email about the new pop server in the spring and gave it a whirl.  On my ibook, Apple Mail says it connects just fine, but I never received any of the mail I know is in the inbox.  I sent test messages to myself, and they never came in.  So I went back to the old setting which worked.

Yesterday, I got another email from Verizon saying I'd better switch to the new pop server because the old setting was going away.  So I switched to the pop server and gave it another try.  Same deal.  Apple Mail diagnostics say connectivity to the pop and smtp server is fine, but no mail comes in.

Anyone have any idea why my incoming mail never arrives?

I haven't tried it on Windows systems.

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Verizon pop server, Apple Mail not working
JohnDWatt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had HUGE problems moving over to POP server on my iPad. The "trick" is to first DELETE your existing account, and then go back through Settings to Add Account ...  

Also, for both Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server, set Use SSL to "ON"

Performed the same upgrade on my iPhone, which went through very easily.

Once I did the upgrade to the iPad, I did NOT need to update my mail server on my iMac desktop. 

View solution in original post

RetiredNerd

I have had the exact same experience.  I will just forward all my verizon mail to my gmail account and use that instead.  Tired of trying to deal with verizon.

0 Likes
JohnDWatt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had HUGE problems moving over to POP server on my iPad. The "trick" is to first DELETE your existing account, and then go back through Settings to Add Account ...  

Also, for both Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server, set Use SSL to "ON"

Performed the same upgrade on my iPhone, which went through very easily.

Once I did the upgrade to the iPad, I did NOT need to update my mail server on my iMac desktop.