New email settings
RonS6

I use Thunderbird, and the setting provided by Verizon DO NOT WORK. They're apparently ONLY for Outlook, and I will NOT use an M$ product for email. So I went back to the settings that worked and my Thuderbird works must fine!!

0 Likes
Re: New email settings
Justin46
Legend

@RonS wrote:

I use Thunderbird, and the setting provided by Verizon DO NOT WORK. They're apparently ONLY for Outlook, and I will NOT use an M$ product for email. So I went back to the settings that worked and my Thuderbird works must fine!!

What Verizon email service are you using, the plain Verizon servers or the Yahoo version?

I use the plain Verizon servers and have Thunderbird, just tested again, I can send and receive with the new SSL settings just fine. If you are using the Verizon servers (not Yahoo, which I don't use) I think you have a definition problem. What error message do you get? If you will post your server definitions perhaps one of us can spot the problem.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
PeterGray

Thunderbird didn't work for me, either, until I figured out that you have to change the port numbers AND set the 'Connection security' to 'SSL/TLS'.

0 Likes
mishe52

Thanks, Peter, for letting us in on that very significant detail that "Mother Verizon" left out. I use Seamonkey's email client and was not able to send or receive mail with the new settings Verizon listed until I changed my incoming and outgoing (SMTP)  security settings to SSL/TLS.

0 Likes