No email access from Mail clients or iPad
philoii1

I have been using the same email account for years with no issues.

I can access email through web browser, and can even forward e-mails to my blackberry.

Mac Mail, Mac Outlook, IPAD thunderbird etc. Can no longer access my Verizon yahoo email account. I have tried every suggestion to date. Tried every port combination suggested with SSL on and off. Deleted all accounts and started from scratch.. Reset IPAD from scratch.  The last email I received through Mail was Feb. 3. Downloaded the automated program which didn't work, I tried online chat  with Verizon tech, but they claimed that since I could still access email through the web, its an Apple software issue. The Apple store is blaming Verizon for not providing the appropriate port info etc to access. And truthfully, with all of the information on the Verizon website to set up mail client software, there is no set of rules that seems to apply.

On this message board it states verizon.net, or the webpage doesn't exist. On other pages it suggests yahoo.verizon.net. Fios comes up with different info from DSL, and old port info (25) is still out there

It seems there is no solution, just hit or miss  attempts. As Apple marketshare increases, the support provided is somehow getting to be less than it already was.

Sorry to ramble on, but this is really frustrating

Mac 10.7.3

Mail 5.2

Outlook 14.1.4

Verizon Yahoo email account

Please help

0 Likes
Re: No email access from Mail clients or iPad
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The correct settings are as follows...

Incoming Mail Server:

Name=incoming.yahoo.verizon.com

SSL=no

Port=110

Outgoing Mail Server

Name=outgoing.yahoo.verizon.com

SSL=no

Port=587

For what its worth (your mileage may vary) I have my phones email client set to incoming port 995 with SSL checked and I am still receiving messages.

0 Likes
philoii1

Those were my original settings, and unfortunately, this is the error message I receive from  Microsoft Outlook.

"The server for account "Verizon" returned the error "[AUTH] Incorrect username or password.." Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like to try re-entering your password?"

Mails error message is almost the same.

I completely deleted the user account and started from scratch in both programs, and logged into my email through Safari to respond to this message. Somethings up.

0 Likes
lablue67

I've been having the same problem and just posted something about this! Got new mac in December.  Email went out in January and then started working again with no help from Verizon.  Then went out again in March & they had me change settings and it worked again.  Last week stopped working again.  Can't get send/receive emails from outlook 2011 or my iPhone.  Can't even set up iMail account.  Apple checked iMail app and it's good.  Outlook checked software and it's good.  Has to be port/server settings from Verizon.  They said they don't yet support Outlook 2011.  But they can't even get my iMail to work.  Apple iPhone support couldn't get email working. I have been going to web mail to get email so i know user id and password are correct. So frustrated.  Verizon told me to contact Expert Tech Support for an extra fee. Maybe we can get the answers together?!

0 Likes
seadevil1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem, with both my laptop using Outlook, and my desktop, using Thunderbird.  Problems started when I initiated email on an iPad.  Using in-home agent, the problem on the laptop was fixed.  In-home agent didn't recognized Thunderbird.  The next day (today), the server wouldn't recognize my password using Outlook.  After working with Tech Support for a while on the Thunderbird issue, I was offered a transfer to a fee service.

0 Likes
seadevil1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to add that email is working on the iPad, for both my main sign-on (desktop) and subaccount (laptop).

0 Likes
seadevil1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get email to work using the following settings:

Incoming Mail Server:

Name=incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

SSL=no

Port=110

Outgoing Mail Server

Name=outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

SSL=no

Port=587

philoii1

Sorry still no access.

I set up a new account and got access for about 5 minutes and got one email massage off. I then tried to forward my old accunt email to the new one, and lost both. I havent got the time or patience to start again now. I will give it some more time and try that method again. Who know. Maybe Verizon will wake up in the meantime and actually axknowledge they have an issue, and if Im really lucky even get it resolved.

0 Likes
lomo19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here with Outlook and Verizon. Has worked fine for years and then all of the sudden, rejecting password problem. Have tried just about everything. Seems to have happened shortly after a windows defender update (which cannot be uninstalled), but I don't know if that is a coincidence or part of the problem. But I've tried turning off defender and all other virus protection and firewalls, setting up the account from scratch, registry fix, rebooting in safe networking mode, running the Verizon mini-app (which said it couldn't fix my problem), reset password online....the only thing I haven't tried is clearing the protected password registry key. I receive Verizon email just fine on Ipad, Iphone, and online. Just not in Outlook.  Out of ideas now so I hope someone is able to find resolution.

0 Likes
lomo19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's what worked for me today and finally solved this nagging problem...

I have always had the Yahoo! portal on my Verizon account.  Since I couldn't get it working in Outlook, I thought I'd just have my email forward to another account. So I logged into verizon.net and set the forwarding parameter.  It then prompted me to verify my account by having me log into the Yahoo page. Yahoo is where the password is getting rejected and I couldn't access via Yahoo.  So I contacted Verizon and had them remove the Yahoo portal from my account.  Bingo!  All better now.  I did lose my emails on Yahoo and contacts, but since most everything had downloaded to Outlook until recently, that was okay with me.

Absolutely baffled that no one in Tech support could figure out how to get Verizon and Yahoo talking again.  Surely I'm not the only one with this problem...

Hope it helps you, too!

0 Likes