Re: No response from - pop.verizon.net - or - smtp.verizon.net -
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

That link is also for the email lockout issue. It gives the Verizon number to call if you are having sub account or issues that can't be dealt with by changing your main account password.

0 Likes
Tew2
I have a similar problem. It started the same time. I can no longer access my email over 4g but I can get to it over wifi. T-mobile says that Verizon I dropping the connection as it comes from T-mobile. I am in the mid Atlantic.
0 Likes
mommang
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was online twice in the past two days with Verizon support.  Was told they were having issues with their pop server and would be fixed by the end of the day.  Weird thing is I can get mail on my phone when NOT connected to wireless (via LTE) but cannot get mail on my iphone or my macbook when connected via wireless.  This has been since 9/17 - very frustrating.

Spicoli1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem.  Mine is can't send or receive anyting fro home wifi (Att Uverse).  pop mail works over att 4g on cell phone, sprint wifi, centurylink wifi, anywhere but home.  Also my pc laptop at home will not send or receive thru outlook on my uverse wifi, nor will my ipad.   All three devices work EVERYWHERE but home wifi on uverse.

I changed no settings and this all came down about a week ago.  You guys are my tribe, the ones who are experiencing the same thing.  I'll lurk here for the fix.

uninformed1

Around 9/15 my computer based Outlook email continued to work on my phone and only received incoming emails. Outgoing emails appeared in my Sent folder, but in fact never left the computer. I got an error message that did not help after the message appeared in my Sent folder. I found my settings for the email's incoming and outgoing servers were out of date. They were named incoming and outgoing. Apparently the server names, port numbers and other variables have been changed for a very long time. I can't tell why incoming continued to  work while sent stopped suddenly. After finding all the required settings (this took some work), I am back in business except for one issue. If I send message in plain text all is well, if I use Rich Text it adds a win.dat file. This used to happen if I used Rich Text with an attachment and the attachment was converted into an unreadable win.dat file.

P.S. Remember your main account and subaccount may have different passwords.

0 Likes
limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was just on live chat again...said it's a problem with the POP server and they're working on it. Fingers crossed...

Summerday1
Enthusiast - Level 1

No verizon mail coming in or out since Sept 17th 2014 on any of my Macs (desktop,laptop,iPad or iPhone).

Port 995 not recognized or timed out. Very frustrated. Tried Network utilities -didn't show port was open. Used alternate program Air Mail again 995 not a valid port. Something wrong has gone on with Verizon ports. Talked to verizon Tech and did not get a solution.

BudPalChief
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel your pain...!  Been in this boat wit hthe rest of you since 9/17 and my Outlook still won't connect to pop.verizon.net.  Best best responce I got from Verizon was from a FiOS tech on Thursday the 25th where he said that there was a problem with the POP servers and they had no clue when it would be resolved.  That is far and away the most honest answer I've heard yet!

I've had this verizon.net address for 17 years and have never seen anything even close to this.  It would sure be nice if Verizon would communicate with it's users instead of making all of us individuals waste countless hours chasing our tail...!

Just saw a pig fly over the house, so maybe more miracles are coming...

BudPalChief
Enthusiast - Level 3

it may not be all of the POP servers, but only some.  I'd have to agree with that as I had a helpful tech on Monday who also (sucessfully) uses Outlook to access her Verizon email.  Via screen sharing, she agreed to set up a profile on MY Outlook to access HER email and it failed.  Then she was transferring me to the FiOS department and I got disconnected...

Overall, it is my opinion that Verizon has the worst customer service imaginable...  Please prove me wrong!

0 Likes
ThrowerGB
Enthusiast - Level 2

The tech I talked with at about 4am 10/1 said there was ticket #{edited for privacy} on this issue with about 127? people connected to it. The ticket was updated an hour earlier to estimate a repair time of 0700EDT 10/1. Well, that time came and went and still no resolution except that the estimated repair has been bumped a day to 1700EDT 10/2.

Apparantly there was a security problem and Verizon shut off all access to email from overseas. This included the webmail interface. A few days later thy brought the webmail interface back on line, but access from mail clients with overseas IP addresses is still closed.

I've heard lots of different things about this from various techs and forum posters. But I can't find anything more helpful than the ticket ID above. The last tech I spoke to set up a new trouble ticket for me and linked it to the one above. So now I at least can see that they've bumped the estimated resolution another day.

It would be a lot better if Verizon were providing regular and accessible updates for it's techs and for its customers on this issue. It's really frustrating for all of us to be in the dark on this. And there seem to be quite a few of us.