Not Receiving NFL Football Fantasy e-mails
MSensei
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have sent messages from my fantasy league to everyone in my league including myself and have not received any of them.  Is Verizon blocking any of these?  They are not in my junk filter in MS Outlook and I do not believe I have the Verizon Junk Mail filter turned on.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue and can someone at Verizon look into this?

Thank you,

David

0 Likes
Re: Not Receiving NFL Football Fantasy e-mails
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear that your emails are not making it out. If you and email to too many recipients at once, the Verizon email servers will flag it as spam and restrict outgoing messages for 24 hours.

0 Likes
MSensei
Enthusiast - Level 2
Anthony, to clarify: I am not sending the e-mail from the Verizon mail servers, I am referring to inbound e-mails TO the verizon mail servers FROM Nfl.com fantasy football site.

Thanks,
David
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Oh I gotcha. Sorry for the confusion. Go to the www.verizon.com website and check the junk mail bin there. Also go into the settings on the verizon.com to see if the junk mail filter is turned on.

0 Likes
Alecks2

Was this problem ever solved?  I have the same issue AND not only with espn.com, NFL.com, Yahoo Sports, but with several other email domains.  I haven't been receiving email responses from friends, it seems that I can only receive emails from certain domains.  Getting frustrated with this and I'm up for renewal with FIOS but unless this is fixed, I won't be renewing.  I hope someone at Verizon is paying attention to this!

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@Alecks wrote:

Was this problem ever solved?  I have the same issue AND not only with espn.com, NFL.com, Yahoo Sports, but with several other email domains.  I haven't been receiving email responses from friends, it seems that I can only receive emails from certain domains.  Getting frustrated with this and I'm up for renewal with FIOS but unless this is fixed, I won't be renewing.  I hope someone at Verizon is paying attention to this!

Sorry to hear you are not getting your email notifications. Have you check your email on the verizon.com site to see if those emails are getting put in the Spam folder? Do you get normal emails coming in just fine?

0 Likes
Alecks2

My Spam Filter is off.  I was receiving emails from my fantasy football leagues as recently as two weeks ago.  All of a sudden I stopped receiving emails from my leagues.  Also, I have friends that use gmail and I don't get their emails either.  I used to average between 25-30 emails a day and now I get 10 emails or so.  When friends reply to my emails, I rarely get their responses and they tell me that they never receive any bounce back emails from the verizon server.  Something is clearly wrong and I haven't touched any settings to cause this. 

0 Likes
MSensei
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think this was every fully resolved.  I did have my spam filter turned on but was set to automatically delete all incoming spam.  I changed the setting to not delete but put into a junk mail folder and then all of a sudden the e-mails started coming into my inbox (and not the junk folder).

My guess is, and I am not saying that it isn't good practice, but, Verizon is probably filtering junk e-mail at the server level and not just at the individual user mailbox level.  I'd say it requires some tweaking but tweaking one way has effects to others than just ourselves.

Try turning on your junk mail filter and have it forward messages to the junk mail folder instead of leaving it off - as rediculous as this sounds - maybe it will fix your problem too.

Alecks2

Thanks for the reply.  I'll give it a go!  Since Verizon can't help, it's good to know that others out there are trying to work around this problem. 

0 Likes
Alecks2

Did not correct the problem.  I'm out.  Thanks for an awful experience Verizon!  DirecTV and Time Warner here I come!  I never had these problems with them...ever!

0 Likes