Not able to log into sub account on webmail
Fechter99

I am extremely frustrated with the Verizon Fios website.  At first I was having problems logging into my primary account in order to pay my bill as it kept redirecting and logging me into my Verizon Wireless account.  I somehow managed to get that fixed and now I CANNOT ACCESS verizon wireless account.  Now, I am trying to access my subaccount and it keeps saying that my account is locked.  When I try to reset the password with the pin,  it keeps taking me to the primary account again.  I have had it and am ready to go back to paper checks to pay my bills and not using my verizon email account anymore.    For a technology company,  you probably have one of the worst websites that I have EVER experienced.

0 Likes
Re: Not able to log into sub account on webmail
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Fechter99 wrote:

I am extremely frustrated with the Verizon Fios website.  At first I was having problems logging into my primary account in order to pay my bill as it kept redirecting and logging me into my Verizon Wireless account.  I somehow managed to get that fixed and now I CANNOT ACCESS verizon wireless account.  Now, I am trying to access my subaccount and it keeps saying that my account is locked.  When I try to reset the password with the pin,  it keeps taking me to the primary account again.  I have had it and am ready to go back to paper checks to pay my bills and not using my verizon email account anymore.    For a technology company,  you probably have one of the worst websites that I have EVER experienced.

1. This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

2. To reset a sub account password, go here:

https://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/alternateAuth/altChoice.jsp

That should allow you to reset the sub account by answering the Secret Question. Select password for what you forgot, put in the username of the sub account you want to reset, then answer the sub account's secret question correctly.

Keep in mind that NONE of the "forgot password" links on Verizon sites point to this page. There is no way to get to this particular flow other than going directly to https://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/alternateAuth/altChoice.jsp
0 Likes
Re: Not able to log into sub account on webmail
RAT21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a similar problem triggered by some security breach between Verizon and Yahoo about six months ago in March 2015. It took about 72 hours for the subaccount password change to work completely so that the new password migrated to Yahoo to restore email access to a subaccount in existnece for 9 years.. Now I need to reset another subaccount and the process does not work at all. It is back to only changing the main account password. This SUCKS! Verizon has been extremely non-customer oriented in supporting the password reset process for subaccounts. This forum documents numerous instances of this problem for years. This is only my second time to have to go through the subaccount password reset process in 9 years, but it needs to be streamlined ASAP. I understand the need for proper, diligent security; however, this is taking things to a ridiculous level.

0 Likes