Not receiving all emails
superrachel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not recieving all of my emails. I became unemployed a few months ago and I have had several prospective employers have tried to send me emails to my verizon email address and I never get them. When that does not work I have them forward to my yahoo email instead. I have tried to get assistance with this and I keep getting referred to the on line help

Re: Not receiving all emails
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@superrachel wrote:

I am not recieving all of my emails. I became unemployed a few months ago and I have had several prospective employers have tried to send me emails to my verizon email address and I never get them. When that does not work I have them forward to my yahoo email instead. I have tried to get assistance with this and I keep getting referred to the on line help

Are the senders getting any type of error? What happens if you send a test message to yourself?

You should check your settings:

On the My Account page:
1. Mail Forwarding - Make sure it says "Off"
2. Email Storage - Make sure this is at less than 99%

In Mail under My Settings (can be accessed from your Inbox):
1. Blocking - Make sure that you do not have the sender's address/domain in your Blocked Senders list.
2. Filters - Make sure that all of your filters are set up correctly. Be especially wary of "not" filters. (Ex: If subject does not contain spam then automatically delete.)
3. Spam Detector - On the Setup tab, set this to save the messages to your SpamDetector folder, then check for the missing messages there.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
janc1947

I am having the same trouble and a friend who is an expert programmer says that the fault is with Verizon. 

He wrote:

If you get to the Verizon postmaster ask about the HLO command.

Standard email handshaking is HELO/EHLO . The command issued starting with HLO is not understood by my mail server.

This doesn't mean much to me but hopefully the Verizon postmaster can fix it; however I don't know how to get it to him.

0 Likes
Mikef4
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm not recieving some emails either.....for example emails from redbox. I should have recieved one today, but didnt. I checked the online web email, it wasnt there either. I'm getting test emails from yahoo, which i sent, to my verizon email address. 

0 Likes