OUTLOOK rejecting Verizon password
lomo19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Up until Sunday, my Outlook and Verizon were working just fine. Then suddenly Outlook starts rejecting my Verizon password and won't allow receiving or sending. I still receive Verizon email on my Ipad and Iphone and online just fine so the password and outlook setup are not the problem.

I've tried resetting the password completely, turning off firewalls, restoring to previous system in case an update was causing the problem, rebooting in safe networking mode, turning off all firewalls, Verizon in-home agent (which said everything was fine when clearly it isn't) and nothing fixes the problem.

I see this type of thread all over the internet going back many years but have yet to find a workable solution.  Call to Verizon was not helpful at all. I know I'm not the only one with this problem and am hopeful someone has a workable solution to try.

I don't need help setting up Outlook. I need help finding out why Outlook and Verizon aren't communicating.  

My settings are:

incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

Incoming 110

Outgoing 587

I'm out of ideas.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OUTLOOK rejecting Verizon password
lomo19
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I thought I'd share that I found out my own solution. I have always had the Yahoo! portal on my Verizon account.  Since I couldn't get it working in Outlook, I thought I'd just have my email forward to another account. So I logged into verizon.net and set the forwarding parameter.  It then prompted me to verify my account by having me log into the Yahoo page. Yahoo is where the password is getting rejected and I couldn't access via Yahoo.  So I contacted Verizon and had them remove the Yahoo portal from my account.  Bingo!  All better now.  I did lose my emails on Yahoo and contacts, but since most everything had downloaded to Outlook until recently, that was okay with me.

Absolutely baffled that no one in Tech support could figure out how to get Verizon and Yahoo talking again.  Surely I'm not the only one with this problem...

Hope it helps someone else...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lomo19
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I thought I'd share that I found out my own solution. I have always had the Yahoo! portal on my Verizon account.  Since I couldn't get it working in Outlook, I thought I'd just have my email forward to another account. So I logged into verizon.net and set the forwarding parameter.  It then prompted me to verify my account by having me log into the Yahoo page. Yahoo is where the password is getting rejected and I couldn't access via Yahoo.  So I contacted Verizon and had them remove the Yahoo portal from my account.  Bingo!  All better now.  I did lose my emails on Yahoo and contacts, but since most everything had downloaded to Outlook until recently, that was okay with me.

Absolutely baffled that no one in Tech support could figure out how to get Verizon and Yahoo talking again.  Surely I'm not the only one with this problem...

Hope it helps someone else...

0 Likes
DenimLace1

You have GOT to be kidding me!  I generally check my verizon email through yahoo, but now I want to start using Outlook as my primary application.  I keep getting this dang "enter network password" error and NO ONE seems to have a fix for this issue, but yet everyone is complaining about it?  You're saying I have to basically loose all of my emails to swap over to Outlook???  Surely, there has to be another way.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DenimLace1 wrote:

You have GOT to be kidding me!  I generally check my verizon email through yahoo, but now I want to start using Outlook as my primary application.  I keep getting this dang "enter network password" error and NO ONE seems to have a fix for this issue, but yet everyone is complaining about it?  You're saying I have to basically loose all of my emails to swap over to Outlook???  Surely, there has to be another way.

No reason to change from Yahoo if you like it.  Just make sure you read the doc on the necessary changes when using email clients.  LOTS of people have it working with the new settings.

0 Likes