Old Verizon customer - now with Frontier - can't migrate email account
mf0087
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been with Verizon for 18 years. Was  using Verizon FIOS, which got sold to Frontier. Got email about migrating my Verizon email account. But when I clicked on that link about a month ago, the page prompted me to login. I typed my email address and the password I thought it was - but that didn't work. Then tried to recover my password, but the wizard claimed my account was not found. So I never got around to migrate my email account.

My emai was still working on my phone and tablets up until yesterday. Now it says username/password incorrect.

Went to webmail.verizon.com and tried to login/recover my password - but it says my acco7unt is locked.

Then tried to call Verizon. The automatic system refuses to connect me to any service representative once I mention my zip code, 91320 - it then tells me to call Frontier.  No matter what I've tried to select in the automatiz menu.

I've called Frontier - they can't do anything. The told me to call AOL - which I did. They said they can't do anything - I have to call Verizon.

Posting this message as my last hope...how can I get to somone who can help me get me emai account transferred to AOL?

HELP!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Old Verizon customer - now with Frontier - can't migrate email account
mf0087
Enthusiast - Level 2

Managed to get it resolved. This is what I did :

1. Call Verizon Customer Service
    1. You can NOT enter your phone number - the automatic system knows your account was transferred to Frontier and will disconnect you with a message telling you to call Frontier
    2. You can NOT pose as a new customer and use your ZIP code. Same thing, the system disconnects you and tells you to call Frontier
    3. What I did was to select new customer, and gave a ZIP code that Verizon FIOS still serves. I used 10027  {Part of Manhattan)
  2. Once connected to a customer service representative, explain that you have problem with email and need to be connected to email department. They may insist you need to call Frontier, but make it clear that the emails are still on the Verizon servers and Frontier can't do anything since they can't access Verizon servers. You need help from Verizon techs.

3. Once I got connected to email department the tech failed to look up my account using phone number, but found it using email address. I explained I needed help migrating my emails to AOL servers, but my account was locked and I did not know my password. Verified my account with the tech / secret question and he set a temporary password on the account which I was able to use to login to webmail.verizon.com

4. Changed the temporary password and then was automatically directed to AOL migration page. Entered all info and everything went smoothly. Got access to my emails and account again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, because Frontier assumed your account on April 1st, Verizon will not be able to assist with this.  Please refer to the AOL migration FAQs for information about the moving of email accounts to AOL.

You may also use the AOL Email Support Form to request assistance with your issue.

0 Likes
mf0087
Enthusiast - Level 2

You tell me to contact AOL.

Called AOL - they can't help me since the account and messages are on your servers.

I can't access the account on Verizon since my Verizon acocunt is locked..

The email account and messages were working as of yesterday. You do have the messages/account in your system, but you are telling me youy don't want to help me get them migrated over to AOL.

Is this the thanks you get for being a Verizon customer for 18 years, and against my will, sold to Frontier !?

AOL is owned by Verizon - please stop point fingers at each other and take ownership of the problem!

How can I escalate this?

0 Likes
mamerc1

We're in the same boat, Primary was moved but not my wifes..WTH? I understand you have up to 6 months grace period in case issues arrive. Email went out yesterday... What can we do?

0 Likes
mf0087
Enthusiast - Level 2

Managed to get it resolved. This is what I did :

1. Call Verizon Customer Service
    1. You can NOT enter your phone number - the automatic system knows your account was transferred to Frontier and will disconnect you with a message telling you to call Frontier
    2. You can NOT pose as a new customer and use your ZIP code. Same thing, the system disconnects you and tells you to call Frontier
    3. What I did was to select new customer, and gave a ZIP code that Verizon FIOS still serves. I used 10027  {Part of Manhattan)
  2. Once connected to a customer service representative, explain that you have problem with email and need to be connected to email department. They may insist you need to call Frontier, but make it clear that the emails are still on the Verizon servers and Frontier can't do anything since they can't access Verizon servers. You need help from Verizon techs.

3. Once I got connected to email department the tech failed to look up my account using phone number, but found it using email address. I explained I needed help migrating my emails to AOL servers, but my account was locked and I did not know my password. Verified my account with the tech / secret question and he set a temporary password on the account which I was able to use to login to webmail.verizon.com

4. Changed the temporary password and then was automatically directed to AOL migration page. Entered all info and everything went smoothly. Got access to my emails and account again.

0 Likes
mamerc1

Security question in "What is your favorite vacation spot " WTH?......Vz was able to reactivate the account but not unlock it...for now we get our email....still in limbo

AOL said address was not migrated. attempting to call VZ back but its uphill. I know the password but we can not get it to go

0 Likes
Old Verizon customer - now with Frontier - can't migrate email account
Mattwski

I'm a Florida user who is required to migrate mail over to AOL.  However, in order to complete that proceses I need to get in to my webmail, which I can not as it's locked.  

I've called AOL, Frontier, and Verizon about 8 times over the past  two days and keep getting told to call the other.  I did read a post stating that an email team can unlock my account and reset my password, and then I can complete the migration process.  However, Verizon is saying that they can't find my account.  We've tried with my email, account number, home number with no succes.  I've been with Verizon for over 20 years, can't beleive they can't find me, and frustrated with this whole situation.  I need this account, and need help please.

Thanks,

Matt     

0 Likes
mamerc1

Verizon techs have been VERY helpful but hands are tied with no account available. 2 nd attempt tech cannot pull up bu email address but is reaching out to help... very happy. Everyone is amazed we are still getting our email even though our account is under "Locked" statis. 

0 Likes