On iPad I can receive e mail but can't send e mail.
Bruk
0 Likes
Re: On iPad I can receive e mail but can't send e mail.
Heinz57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem on my iPad. I disabled spell checking when sending email and had no problems sending email after that.

Re: On iPad I can receive e mail but can't send e mail.
MrBojangles1

I had the same problem and couldn't find the answer anywhere.  I was receiving email fine, using the settings that the iPad automatically set up, but kept getting any number of errors as to why it couldn't send mail.  I finally got it to work today by trial and error.

On your Outgoing Mail Server settings in iOS 7, :

On the first screen of email settings , at the bottom, your OUTGOING MAIL SERVER should show SMTP and smtp.verizon.net.  Select that line to go to the next setup screen

The PRIMARY SERVER should say:  smtp.verizon.net and "On".  Select that line to go to the next screen.

The Server "switch" (button - whatever) should be on and showing the green color.  The settings below should be:

Host Name:  smtp.verizon.net

User Name: (your username)
Password: (enter it manually yourself to be sure it's correct)

Use SSL (switch should be on and green)

Authentication should say "Password" to the right of the popup screen (but DON'T check anything in the next screen that selecting this line will take you to- which also says "Authentication" at the top  - it should check the "Password" line automatically on it's own. That is what you want as far as the selections on that page go).

Server Port is 465

What was continually causing mine to not send had something to do with the Authentication part of the screen.  You'll probably want to delete the account and start from scratch when you do this.  I had many frustrating attempts at it before I got it to work.  I hope this works for you and anyone else with this headache.

0 Likes