Outgoing message spam filter question
kkrazychic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm so beyond frustrated. 

So many of my messages where I want to forward a link, a newsletter, or almost anything other than a plain text message get blocked!  "554 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. "  I've read replys in the forum and chatted with Verizon tech support and the answers amount to the fact we have to be inconvenienced. 

I forward the messages as instructed to spamdetector.update@verizon.net.  Then I try to send the message again... but NO... I have to wait a day or two to send it.  Then I have to log on to my webmail to avoid going through Verizon's SMTP... meanwhile... 20 MINUTES LATER I'VE FINALLY SENT THE EMAIL. 

I AM SO ANGRY and SICK AND TIRED OF THIS HAPPENING SO OFTEN. 

The useless "Chat" tech support told me to turn off my incoming spam filter on Webmail.  I explained to him that the feature was for INCOMING spam but he told me it would work.  I humored him and still had no luck sending messages with links. 

Then he told that it was impossible that Verizon was the problem. I showed him the System Adminstrator bounce messages and the instructions to forward blocked email to spamdetector.update@verizon.net.   

He still told me it wasn't Verizon doing it.   WOW!    

How do we get the message to Verizon that we are really upset?????   Don't they clue in to the 100's of complaints about this on the forums?   Do they monitor the forums at all???  I see this problem going back for YEARS and it's only been getting worse as they increase the agressiveness of the filter.  

Clearly Verizon doesn't care and don't listen.  

I wish there wasn't such a monopoly and limited choice on service providers.  We just get abused by crappy service. 

0 Likes
Re: Outgoing message spam filter question
bn247
Enthusiast - Level 2

They DON"T care about you what so ever.  Just make sure you pay your bill on time or they will cut off your service and ruin your credit.   How dare you complain!  They are not in the customer service buisness!   They also insist you deal with the spam issues incoming and out going because thats how they pay the spam advertisers & their so called technicians.   Life suck when you have Verizon e-mail.   

0 Likes
Re: Outgoing message spam filter question
HFM1

Have tried many times to find spam address

http;//www.verizon.netspamfaq

To change settings  so that a spam email ? can be sent as an attachment

I have an issue with eBay  and cannot send them the information

Verizon keeps blocking -- spossed spam.

Thamks

0 Likes