Outlook 2013 Outgoing Mail Errors
AABiehl

I've been using Outlook 2013 on Win8 to send/receive Verizon.net email for some time. Lately, the outgoing has stopped working. I've gone through the fora and tried several options. Oddly, when I use the standard settings, the Account Test works fine. But I still get the following Send Error:

My account settings are:

imageimage

0 Likes
Re: Outlook 2013 Outgoing Mail Errors
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

SImple no connection error. 

Not sure if you posted the smtp and pop servers you are using (one of your pictures currently doesn't display).  Double check that its

reg. verizon              or            yahoo/verizon

for POP   pop.verizon.net                        incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

for SMTP smtp.verizon.net                      outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

for yahoo/verizon email help is http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/verizon/mail/ymail/basics/mail-12859445.html

for regular verizon email help is http://verizon.com/emailsettings

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Using Outlook 2013     Account Settings     E-mail   Name   ****@verizon.net    Type POP/SMTP(send from this acct. by default)

incoming POP3 *** 995 pop.verizon.net
outgoing SMTP *** 465 smtp.verizon.net 

and Google Chrome

No problems Sending and Receiving E mail

0 Likes
AABiehl

Yes... those are the settings I have... image

0 Likes
AABiehl

The Forum system keeps deleting my screen shot. But yes, I'm using 

POP   pop.verizon.net 

SMTP smtp.verizon.net

BTW,.... this is an intermittant issue. Note that the test messages generated when configuring the account work fine. And typically, one message will go out.. Then, the pipe gets clogged (so to speak) and nothing else goes. If I quit Outlook, and reboot, then the message goes again. 

Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@AABiehl wrote:

The Forum system keeps deleting my screen shot. But yes, I'm using 

POP   pop.verizon.net 

SMTP smtp.verizon.net

BTW,.... this is an intermittant issue. Note that the test messages generated when configuring the account work fine. And typically, one message will go out.. Then, the pipe gets clogged (so to speak) and nothing else goes. If I quit Outlook, and reboot, then the message goes again. 

Very frustrating. 

You can't put up a screenshot with your personal information (username, password, etc) or they will delete it. Block/remove those parts from the screenshot and it should work.

0 Likes