Outlook and verizon.net email
deveau31

I just setup Outlook with my verizon email and everything worked great. However, when I went to login to my webmail, my inbox was empty. What I need is Outlook and verizon.net to mirror each other, so if I delete from Outlook, it deletes from webmail and vice versa.

Or at a minimum, get all of the messages that are now in my Outlook back into verizon.net webmail.

Thank you,

Tom

0 Likes
Re: Outlook and verizon.net email
deveau31

I just fixed the setting in Outlook to keep a copy on the server and that works. What it doesn't fix is the other 500 emails that I no longer have in webmail and are just sitting in Outlook. Thoughts?

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

This is the way that you want it to be according to your instructions:

0 Likes
deveau31

Right, that is how I have it now and all is working. My real question is how do I get the messages that left the verizon.net server and landed in my Outlook back into verizon.net? Basically seems like I just want to push them from Outlook back to the server.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

You can forward each mail back to yourself.  There is no way to get mail already delivered into your PC mail back on to webmail in the original format.

0 Likes
Verly1

Are you making that change in Verizon webmail or Outlook?  I cannot find a screen that matches the one you've shown.  And I have already spent ~ 2 hrs with Verizon rep who I saw make that change (sometime during that extended conversation!).  Even so, when I delete messages in Outlook, nothing is ever deleted at the server level.  In fact, what precipitated the problem was a full Inbox .... 28,744 messages from the beginning of FIOS!!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Been awhile since I used OUTLOOK and of course each Microsoft version looks different.  But the options is there somewhere IN OUTLOOK (NOT ONLINE).  Note that if you have been deleting in Outlook and it has not been doing so in Verizon, then you will have to do something agressive first to delete Most of your old online.  I don't think there is anyway to get it to sync up after the fact. 

PS: you also replyed to a fairly old thread, and the settings shown are not the current ones.  See

http://www.verizon.com/emailsettings

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes