POP Email not working??? Error: Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC1A)
Carneno
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I am starting a new thread here because of the error indicated in the subject.  I could not reply to this message: https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/POP-Email-not-working-You-are-NOT-alone-09-2016/td-p...

I am using Outlook 2016.  All of my settings are set up correctly.  I have six Verizon email accounts that I have been sending/receiving emails with for months without a problem.  This issue just started today(10/28/2016).

When I attempt to receive email for any of my Verizon email accounts, I get this message:

"Task 'Tony on Verizon - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'"

All of my other non-Verizon emails accounts work fine.

I also use other email clients besides Outlook.  The other email clients give me the same problem.  I can receive emails for other non-Verizon email accounts, but I cannot receive emails from my Verizon email accounts.  Again, it is all set up correctly because these email clients have been working for months.  I did not change anything in those email clients.

I have tried using other computers using Outlook and the other email clients and get the same error for all of the Verizon email accounts.

I cannot PING pop.verizon.net.  I can PING any other email server that I use without a problem.  pop.verizon.net is the only one that does not work.

I can logon to my Verizon email in Internet Explorer and send/receive email fine, but that is because the Verizon email on the internet through a browser does not use POP.

I hope Verizon does something about this.

Thanks,

Tony

0 Likes
Re: POP Email not working??? Error: Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC1A)
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Carneno,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes