Password rejected
matandch

When I try to download from one of my verizon email addresses (I have 4, 3 work OK, just one is giving me trouble) using OE, a dialog pops up asking for my password.  When I give it and I hit ok it doesn't work, but rather keeps kicking the dialog back at me.  When I hit cancel I get the following:  There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'itsabeautifulthing', Server: 'incoming.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Incorrect username or password.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92.  Funny thing is it then proceeds to downlaod the email anyway... BUTut I can't send any email from the address.  In Home Agent as wel las Verizon tech support failed to clear up the issue.  Verizon tech support says its a Microsoft/OE issue.  People in the Microsoft Forums say it's a Verizon issue.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Password rejected
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

What version of Outlook are you using? Also, are you able to sign in with your email and password directly on the actual website?

If you still need assistance, please send me a PM.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes