Past emails disappeared from inbox
RuthGo

I always use my Verizon email online through verizon.net. It's a bad habit, I know, but I usually have about 3,500 emails in my inbox. Today I checked and all of a sudden the number is down to about 800 and I only have emails going back about a month. What happened? Can I get those old emails back? There was some valuable information in there. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Past emails disappeared from inbox
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Two possible things that happened:

#1 Nods that it is a bad habit, because there is certain amount of time that if it passes messages in the inbox are auto deleted. I do not recall how much time that is.

Possible fix for this is to create other folders and moving messages that you want to keep into those other folders.

#2 Someone else knows your log-in login credentials?

0 Likes
Re: Past emails disappeared from inbox
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

See https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/storage/questionsone/85693.h...

Or similar for HSI

Email should be kept as long as " your Email account remains active and you do not exceed the maximum storage quota for your mailbox. You can determine the available storage space for your mailbox via the Email Storage window in the left column of your mailbox."

One common mistake you might make that can cause deletion is to configure a new device. e.g. Smartphone, and not tell it to leave all email"  Since POP is used and many devices default to delete when retrieved you can lose all your saved email.

Remember you are talking to peers here NOT VERIZON.

0 Likes